• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ridge Runner

LarryB52

Lookkng to get a Ridge Runner. Anyone have a code that could save me a few dollars?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

I messaged them last week and asked if they would be running any sales soon. I got a response that they would not be until after season (January-Feb). :-(

The time to buy was during the world deer expo in birmingham, they had a sale during that weekend and so did Aerohunter. I got my Ridge Runner a few days ago and I really love this platform.

I was about to pull the trigger but the $20 shipping turned me off. Tethrd offers free shipping or flat rate of 5.99. Looks like I’ll DIY or go with a predator

I was about to pull the trigger but the $20 shipping turned me off. Tethrd offers free shipping or flat rate of 5.99. Looks like I’ll DIY or go with a predator

Is it really free shipping? Or is it just factored into the price?

The Ridge Runner is $160 + $20 shipping. $180 total.
The Predator is $180 + $0 shipping. $180 total.

Most of the platform or ROS options are in the mid hundred range. It's probably best to get what works well for you instead of getting something for the cost, deciding it's not ideal, then spending more money to get what you really wanted.

Most of the platform or ROS options are in the mid hundred range. It's probably best to get what works well for you instead of getting something for the cost, deciding it's not ideal, then spending more money to get what you really wanted.

Even if it was factored in, there’s still the $10 off coupon on Tethrd so it’s 170 shipped. In the end I’ll probably just build my own. I just thought $20 shipping for something that weighs 3lbs didn’t make much sense

Even if it was factored in, there’s still the $10 off coupon on Tethrd so it’s 170 shipped. In the end I’ll probably just build my own. I just thought $20 shipping for something that weighs 3lbs didn’t make much sense
I certainly understand your feelings about the shipping costs, and they probably could get a better rate, however... I wouldn't trade my Ridger runner for any other platform on the market today. it fits my pack system perfectly and when i forgot the stock strap and buckle it came with on my first hunt, ( because I always have to forget something). I had some spare 5.9mm powerchord that i was able to easily fashion around the buttons and cam over the platform solid as a rock with little fuss.

Attachments

• 20190914_071749.jpg
    20190914_071749.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
I mean for a flat rate box that would fit the ridge runner its like 15 bucks. I don't think the 20 is insane but to each their own.

I got mine yesterday and attached it to the 4x6 post on my shop. (no trees in my yard)
I had to let a little slack out to cam it over because I don't have bark on my post.

That thing is SO solid!! The grip on it is amazing... I felt like Spiderman when I picked it up.
I can't wait to get my saddle in a few weeks to get used to it... I may actually try that towel thing tonight to test it out.

If you are worried about the shipping cost like I was don’t order the extended knob. It added 5 bucks to shipping. O well I guess I’ve really wanted one for a long time now so what’s 5 more bucks.

This was my same thought process. Waiting for my ridge runner to arrive any day now.

I really like my Ridge Runner. Its heavier and bulkier than the Perch but you are not dependent on the WE Stepps to utilize it. I like both platforms but the versatility of the RR, IIMHO edges it above the Perch. My old Steel TreeSuit platform I like a lot too but it is a bit heavier still and it doesn't have the "Thinness" of the RR or the Perch so packability of this platform is somewhat of an issue. It is very stable though. I like them all. I want to get a Predator platform too at some point but I'm GTG right now.

I certainly understand your feelings about the shipping costs, and they probably could get a better rate, however... I wouldn't trade my Ridger runner for any other platform on the market today. it fits my pack system perfectly and when i forgot the stock strap and buckle it came with on my first hunt, ( because I always have to forget something). I had some spare 5.9mm powerchord that i was able to easily fashion around the buttons and cam over the platform solid as a rock with little fuss.

How do you adjust for difference in tree diameter? I have 6mm accessory cord and was thinking of that type of idea.

I tied a bowline and put the loop on the left button, looped it around the tree, then around the top of the right button and took the rest of the tail back around through to the loop of the bowline on the left button. after that I tied a simple hitch and cammed the platform over. If that's not very clear, I might be able to annoy my wife and have her record me doing it on my phone from a tree in our front yard tonight if you want.

Edit: I"m not sure what the ratings are on that 6mm accessory chord, but the 5.9 mm powerchord I used is rated at 27Kn... just keep that in mind and check the ratings on your accessory chord, Practice connecting to the tree several times at ground level before trying it up in a tree as well.

Last edited:
Back