• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rope Climbing Presets, SRT, DRT

Do you have any issues with squirrels chewing the mason twine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So far, no. My oldest loop has been out about 3 weeks. I set enough loops so I can find one since I sometimes have trouble finding them. The orange helps. If the line breaks because it was chewed, I can go to another one. It would not be a safety concern since it's just used to pull up the rope.

So far, no. My oldest loop has been out about 3 weeks. I set enough loops so I can find one since I sometimes have trouble finding them. The orange helps. If the line breaks because it was chewed, I can go to another one. It would not be a safety concern since it's just used to pull up the rope.

Right. I set a bunch of loops months ago during post-season scouting and won’t know if the critters got them until I hunt those spots later this year. I used paracord and wonder if there a better (chew-proof) material

Right. I set a bunch of loops months ago during post-season scouting and won’t know if the critters got them until I hunt those spots later this year. I used paracord and wonder if there a better (chew-proof) material

I don't really know if there is a better material. I use the mason's line because of the low cost and I've pulled on it hard expecting it to break but it has not.

I don't really know if there is a better material. I use the mason's line because of the low cost and I've pulled on it hard expecting it to break but it has not.

I may try some braided fishing line. Not a cheap option but certainly less palatable to the critters

Back