• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ropeman 1 :(

thenickgann

I am a sad boy... in anticipation of my mantis' arrival I made some amazon purchases, one of which was a ropeman 1. I got a sweetheart of a deal at 35$ with free 2 day shipping on a blue one. There in lies the problem... I mistakenly only bought 1 and now the price has gone back up to 45$ and 6$ shipping.

They will go on sale it at various websites throughout the year. I think I got two of them off of camp saver.com if you years ago for around $30 each

Another site to check out his back country.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am a sad boy... in anticipation of my mantis' arrival I made some amazon purchases, one of which was a ropeman 1. I got a sweetheart of a deal at 35$ with free 2 day shipping on a blue one. There in lies the problem... I mistakenly only bought 1 and now the price has gone back up to 45$ and 6$ shipping.

It is always a sad day when you don’t get enough on special!!!

I’m half convinced that Wild Country didn’t discontinue the 1 when the 2 came out exclusively because saddlehunters pushed the sales volume so high on the original.
Most of their launch literature made it sound like they never intended to maintain the 1 production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Least you got the one... I found the same deal on amazon... $35 for a blue ropeman 1 w/ free shipping... Ugh, didn't have spare change at the time to make my purchase :expressionless:

Why do you need more than one?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice to have on both lineman’s belt and tree tether

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sure.

How about just using your tether (with ropeman1) as your linemans belt... then bust out your LB with prussik at hunting height to swap with Tether/LB/Ropeman?

In other words, what is your ropeman doing on your tether while you are climbing. And what is your other ropeman doing on your LB when you are done climbing? Why have one always just sitting around?

I've made this argument before so forgive me if it is redundant. I just thought it was a solution to the problem of insufficient funds from this OP.

On this note...I weighed my non climbing linemans belt (nicknamed AWLB by me for Amsteel Whoopie Linemans Belt) and it came in at a whopping 2 ounces!

"Ounces add up to pounds".

Saved me close to $100 too!

Ounces do add up. But I'm more in the world of sticking to worrying about that on the body rather than the pack ;)

Back