• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ropeman vs jammy for tether

Teamclark

Which in your mind is better and why? 10mm sterling static with a ropeman 1 or oplux and beal jammy prussic for a tether?

My vote is for the all rope solution mentioned.
Less metal.
Less cost.
Less weight.
Less bulk.
Equal ease of use.
Safer? Hot topic of discussion, but I don’t know any arborists that use a ropeman as their primary life support attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree wholeheartedly with the above.

I replaced the Jammy prussic with a 6MM Sterling TRC Distel and like it much better.

What is the preference on the linemans rope? I like the ditsel on the tether but still use an ascender on the linemans rope.

The jammy is smaller diameter. It should and does grab harder. So I have both and it comes down to personal preference.
I am not sure which I like better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What makes it better than the jammy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jammy is purple and it reminds me of Clemson and those God awful Barney suits they wear so it had to go away.

I use 8mm Oplux with a Kong because I really like the one handed adjustment. It saves me from having to put my linemans belt back on to make adjustments....

But I use a 2nd tether hooked into an RC Harness's belay loop under my JX 3. If I didn't, I'd probably just use the jammy and deal with the harder adjustment.

Back