• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rules clarification

Well. Miss communication. We had another spike cone out. Had him at 30 yards. I told her to take the shot if it was clear of the tree. She never did. But she said it was. So she never took it. Either way. Good times. At the end a few big boys showed up on the field. She couldn't see them thru the branches. But cool they were out there. Just gotta figure out a quicker way to get her and me up and down the tree.

Well. Miss communication. We had another spike cone out. Had him at 30 yards. I told her to take the shot if it was clear of the tree. She never did. But she said it was. So she never took it. Either way. Good times. At the end a few big boys showed up on the field. She couldn't see them thru the branches. But cool they were out there. Just gotta figure out a quicker way to get her and me up and down the tree.
How did you get up the tree? How old is your daughter? I rigged up a system on Saturday so I can take my daughter out next week. I bought a set of the novix single step minis. I have a rope that I'll tie to her saddle that comes up to a petzl traction pulley. I'm going to climb up the tree and set up as I go. Then I'll let her climb up and pull the rope up as she comes up to capture her progess. We didn't practice it yet but it should work. We'll only end up like 12 foot or so up but its a start.

How did you get up the tree? How old is your daughter? I rigged up a system on Saturday so I can take my daughter out next week. I bought a set of the novix single step minis. I have a rope that I'll tie to her saddle that comes up to a petzl traction pulley. I'm going to climb up the tree and set up as I go. Then I'll let her climb up and pull the rope up as she comes up to capture her progess. We didn't practice it yet but it should work. We'll only end up like 12 foot or so up but its a start.
She is 13. I used my Hawk heliums. I did something similar. But I climb up, set the platforms. I attached my lifeguard to a tether and hold onto the belay end. Other end to the bridge on her saddle. Then she climbed up after me, I keep the slack out. She gets up, then moves to her own tether.
But it's two platforms, sticks, weapon, long rope, belay device, two backpacks.
She was probably 12' up. I was 15' above here.
I picked the tree with more cover to try and screen the movement. So it hindered the operation some. But it almost payed off.

There are great people on this site who get their kids to safely hunt from trees?! Y’all are awesome!!

Back