• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rutcation pays off!!

bigasports

Vendor Rep
Hunted hard this bow season! Saw many does & immature bucks, never laid eyes on a shooter. Thank goodness for the rut and changing the odds to my favor!!! Saw this big bodied 10 walking into a thicket 60ish yards away. I grunted and he paused. He then proceeded to enter into the thicket. I grunt again followed by a snort wheeze. 1 min later a 4 pt runs under my tree and slowly walks away. Fast forward 10 min. I’m turned to my right looking and I hear footsteps directly under me. The big 10 came back and snuck in on top of me. He somehow managed to come in unseen and was directly under me. He slowly walked to my right to some rackgetterscentsnlures hot to trot that I had sprayed on a scent wick and some trees. It stopped him long enough for me to bust him at 7-8 yards. He was down for the count 20ish yards later with a lung/heart shot. @catman529 was hunting close by and came over and gave me a hand dragging him out and floating him down the creek. And of course we feasted on some bacon wrapped , stuffed cream cheese, jalapeño back straps!! It was my first deer out of my @tethrd #mantis saddle and my elitearchery e32 #tennessee

071b07e917d962ec2925c1358229ab4a.jpg

5b748c793ebedb04b12bde18acc600e9.jpg

d38682d108a28ec9a561919323c283cf.jpg

Wow, congrats. With him being so close, what spot did you pick to aim for?
Yea he was on me and I had no idea till he was under me walking from my left to right. It had rained all night into that morning. I went for opposite shoulder (at least in my head thats what I did. It happened so fast lol). The arrow (NAP Kill Zone) busted a lung and got some heart. It hit opp shoulder without a pass through. The broadhead broke off in the deer. The arrow came back out and found near impact.

Beautiful deer, and I hope you got some shots of you guys at/on the boat with him. Deer in a canoe or the deck of a boat is my favorite.

Nice work!

That’s a damned fine WTBD and some damned fine poundsigning and at signing too! Congrats

Back