• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rynoskin at Sportsman Warehouse

They can claim all they want, but I had 2 sets of it. I wasn't impressed. Skeeters can DEFINITELY bite through it. And while it did reduce the chigger bites and keep ticks off, so does permethrin. I can coat anything I want in permethrin and not have to feel like peter pan in a green set of tights.

Last edited:
They can claim all they want, but I had 2 sets of it. I wasn't impressed. Skeeters can DEFINITELY bite through it. And while it did reduce the chigger bites and keep ticks off, so does permethrin. I can cost anything I want in permethrin and not have to feel like peter pan in a green set of tights.
LOL :p

While I’ve never used this stuff before, I bet it’s better than the bites I’m dealing with now.
But if you already know it’s worthless, I do appreciate the info. I’ve already ordered it now. I’ll see how it works for me.

I can coat anything I want in permethrin and not have to feel like peter pan in a green set of tights.
Now see I thought that was something you would be into. Permethrin works pretty good. Have you found it to prevent all mosquito bites?
@PastorKen let us know how the rhino skin works for you. It may work better in some areas than others. I know we have many different types of mosquitoes here. They range from things you can barely see to blood sucking hummingbirds.

A friend of mine has been trying to get me to buy some for years. I never have because I thought it was a bunch of baloney. I guess I’m just desperate now. And I do like a good sale! I’ll report back when I have something to report.
They do say that only the new version prevent mosquito bites. The older Rynoskin did not.

Picking ticks off will tend to have that effect. Chigger bites will drive you nuts but doesn’t have the worries about long lasting problems.

I have used the Ryno Skins and think they work really well. only think is if you are buying them to prevent chiggers get the gloves too and a pair of the real tree chigger proof socks. They will find a way in. As someone stated above, they are hotter than hell in the middle of the summer. They really do protect from skeeters and ticks though

It doesn’t appear that rynoskin kills ticks. Just doesn’t let them bite through the material. What plans do you have to remove the numerous ticks and other nasties that are hanging out on your clothes when you get home?

Gamehide has permethrin treated clothes to kill the ticks. It lasts 70 washes. There is 20% off sale now. Maybe rynoskin and gamehide clothes would be a good combo.

I have done the permethrin soak / spray, but that does not last long and is messy. I have some gamehide and a few more pieces on the way.

Rynoskin arrived today. I put it on and sat in the backyard reading a book for a while. A mosquito sat on my leg for way too long. I thought he must be sucking blood out of me, so I squashed him. But later, when I took off the rynoskin... no bite! That's not a very thorough test, but I know that sucker was trying to bite me and I didn't get bit.
BTW, Nutterbuster felt like Peter Pan in his green tights. I was feeling more like:
image-asset.jpeg

Back