• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

S.E. Va hunt clubs?

Hoythews71

Anyone know of hunt clubs in S.E. Va with openings for the upcoming season? Active duty, and haven’t been able to hunt much the last few seasons due to deployments and general Navy work schedule, but I’m about to transfer and that should open up quite a bit of time for me.

Looking at Va Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Northampton, Southampton, Surry, or Isle of Wight. Prefer a club that doesn’t run dogs, but that’s tough to come by down here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you just hunt on a military installation? Many bases you can, Oceana was one. Check around and see.

I have permission on a few local bases. Pressure, small deer, and it’s rumored that the sniper on Oceana kills 250+ a year, all at night off the runways. Obviously can’t verify that claim...

Anyhow, want to add an additional option in some better quality areas where I can also turkey hunt and possibly have a shot at a bear.

Try the bulletin boards at local gun shops. Make a day trip to gun/bow shops in Surry, Sussex, Northampton ,etc. Also believe it or not you can Google "hunt clubs in ____" most have websites. Now is the time to look b/c hunt clubs usually need dues by April. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Northwest Annex—has VA and NC side. Much better than Oceana. NC sportsman license is only $50 for active duty.

If your interested in Powhatan, Cumberland, or Buckingham counties, be glad to help.
Thank you for your service, it is appreciated!

Back