• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

S.H.A.M.E (Saddle Hunting Addiction Members and Enablers) Confession Corner

HuumanCreed

SH Member
Place to confess how saddle hunting has affected your life and the people you love.

My wife auto response to anytime I look at something around the house intensely is "No, you cannot have it to make some DIY saddle thing." This is because I have....

- Cut one of her metal drinking straw to use as a fid to splice Amsteel.

- Stole one of the kitchen large fork to use as a fork for a DIY JX3 Hybrid build.

- Taken various hooks and hanger around the house to make my own gear hanger.

- Used up all the kids Smuckers PBJ sandwiches for lunch because I was saving my own lunch budget for saddle gears.

- She has caught me multiple times walking around the house with backpacks/harnesses/ropes testing them out while I play with the kids.

- Cut up bedsheet to use as DIY saddles.

- Dye multiple clothing items to dark color just so I can hunt with them.

- I think she got really offended when I ask her to setup her sewing machine that she had as a teen so I can make something. Like....'you think it's that easy huh?'

Not only am I an addict I am also a dealer/enabler I try to convince my hunting buddies that it’s the only way to go. Got a couple of them trying it and now they’ll have to join SHAME. I even got my own son hooked. Do have no shame, the guilt keeps up at night. That and thinking about what saddle or accessory I might buy next. Is there no help, maybe a good 12-step program you can recommend.

Signed,
Hopeless tree hanger

Lol sewing is easy. Well.. getting fabric to stick together with thread is relatively easy. Getting it to look nice is more difficult, but I've built a few ugly but highly functional pouches in my day, get that sewing machine out!

I can't think of any shame to speak of but boy will I enable someone!

" I have a saddle you can borrow"
" I've got an extra platform "

I keep a spare saddle, platform, ROS, and sticks specifically for this reason .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. My name is gameflogger, I’m 42 years old and I am a pack addict. It all started when I was younger and I needed a pack to carry my climbing sticks. Before I knew it I was buying multiple packs, sling packs, day packs and as much as I hate to admit it, fanny packs. From there it spiraled down hill; different camo patterns, different materials, different brands, just to “try” something new. Before I knew it I was out of control.

Hello. My name is gameflogger, I’m 42 years old and I am a pack addict. It all started when I was younger and I needed a pack to carry my climbing sticks. Before I knew it I was buying multiple packs, sling packs, day packs and as much as I hate to admit it, fanny packs. From there it spiraled down hill; different camo patterns, different materials, different brands, just to “try” something new. Before I knew it I was out of control.
You are in the right place. We support you and always welcome you in the classifieds section.

Place to confess how saddle hunting has affected your life and the people you love.

My wife auto response to anytime I look at something around the house intensely is "No, you cannot have it to make some DIY saddle thing." This is because I have....

- Cut one of her metal drinking straw to use as a fid to splice Amsteel.

- Stole one of the kitchen large fork to use as a fork for a DIY JX3 Hybrid build.

- Taken various hooks and hanger around the house to make my own gear hanger.

- Used up all the kids Smuckers PBJ sandwiches for lunch because I was saving my own lunch budget for saddle gears.

- She has caught me multiple times walking around the house with backpacks/harnesses/ropes testing them out while I play with the kids.

- Cut up bedsheet to use as DIY saddles.

- Dye multiple clothing items to dark color just so I can hunt with them.

- I think she got really offended when I ask her to setup her sewing machine that she had as a teen so I can make something. Like....'you think it's that easy huh?'
I’m something along those lines except the wife catches me looking for unused stuff I can sell to support my addiction. Got a box taped up by the door, she now just assumes it’s something else I’m selling to support my habit. I tried to sneakily I mean clandestinely sell an old coat she wasn’t using boy did she NOT appreciate that.

I’m something along those lines except the wife catches me looking for unused stuff I can sell to support my addiction. Got a box taped up by the door, she now just assumes it’s something else I’m selling to support my habit. I tried to sneakily I mean clandestinely sell an old coat she wasn’t using boy did she NOT appreciate that.
Funny how that works, right?

ALL of my stuff can go.. her stuff... well that's different. Or something :sweatsmile:

Hi all, the real names Justin, and I have GAS. My wife really thinks it stinks, and occasionally I do too but if I'm being honest, I usually get some amount of enjoyment out of it and the s#it that comes with it. From time to time it gets hidden in a back room or under the covers, but generally it gets out and gets discovered pretty quickly. I've heard that a high protein(venison) diet can contribute, or perhaps it was the desire for a high protein diet, I can't remember. Either way, I definitely have GAS. Gear Aquisition Syndrome that is.

Back