• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Birds??

joesoup

Anyone ever do any saddle hunting for turkey? I've seen so many of them deer hunting out of a stand.

I have used my saddle from the ground to hunt them rather than haul a special turkey vest/chair around. Some states don't allow shooting them from an elevated position (ie: in a treestand), so check your regs before attempting to do so.

Last edited:
I don't think the turkey hunting Illuminati approve.

Turkeys don't really prime my pistons but if they did I would certainly try it.

If anything it would encourage me to stay still a little more. When I've hunted the goobleynecks in the past I always tend to put the run in run and gun. I can't sit still for 5 minutes on the ground waiting for those dumb dino birds.

I'm going to give it a shot this spring to brush up on my one sticking and to prep trees. Many have said they'll look up but I've had good luck seeing them deer hunting while elevated too. It's usually just been easier in the ghillie hidden behind a tree or pop the blind up quick.

Back