• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle hunters support thread.

MattMan81

SH Member
For those who need help resisting new gear..

Repeat after me.
I don't need to purchase the lastest and greatest equipment out there.
The equipment I have is just as good. The new stuff is only different. Not better.
I can resist buying new stuff I don't really need. It will not make me a better hunter.
I will scout instead of trying to figure out how to shave 3 ounces off my set up.

Now. Reflect on the deer you killed previously, and ask your self if that piece of gear you desire would have changed that outcome. See. It didn't..
Buy your wife something nice instead and give it to her before hunting season so you can hunt more..
:) :);)

I've gotten to a place with gear where I run it through the lens of a few questions before buying:
  1. Will this help me actually kill more/better deer?
  2. Will this make me noticeably more comfortable during my hunts?
  3. Will this make my hunts more fun in some meaningful way?
If the gear/clothing doesn't check at least one of those boxes, I can pretty easily talk myself out of buying it.

I've gotten to a place with gear where I run it through the lens of a few questions before buying:
If the gear/clothing doesn't check at least one of those boxes, I can pretty easily talk myself out of buying it.
Problem with that is I lie to myself so it’s a revolving circle

How NOT to answer those.
1. It has to. The AD shows a guy dragging a big ol buck..
2. Has to. I read a review on SH. 1 guy out of 30 says he can sit all day.
3. Thinking about new gear and using new gear totally stokes me to hunt. Winner winner.
See. I helped you out.
So @TNbowhunter do you think you have a problem?? :) ;)

Hey listen pal, we don’t need none of your common sense talk around here.

I see the upside, gotta get one of those.

Plus, it's a conflict free purchase.

The sort of thing you can give as a gift to your wife for gardening, and then borrow during her off-season.
There's really no down side to it. Throw your deer aboard after the kill... instant deer cart. Turn it upside down and crawl underneath if it starts to rain... instant umbrella.

I see the upside, gotta get one of those.

Plus, it's a conflict free purchase.

The sort of thing you can give as a gift to your wife for gardening, and then borrow during her off-season.
See?! There’s literally no downside! Well, other than if you forget to clean the blood out. Or, if she wants to plant something on the same day you’re hunting.

Back