• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SaddlePalooza 2020 - SIGN UP NOW

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
Registration is full. Stay tuned for the "Live From SaddlePalooza" Thread where you guys all get jealous that you're not attending.

Greetings fellow maniacs. The time is upon us again to say "screw you" to everything else in our lives, and get together to geek out on all things saddle hunting.

For the last three years SaddlePalooza has taken place on Fort Stewart just outside Savannah, GA. Since I am no longer active duty Army, I'm not allowed to host the event on the base. That's why this took a little longer to organize.

I've found a great spot about 40 minutes further south near Darien, GA. There is a TON of public land to hunt (Altamaha WMA, Altama WMA, Clayhole Swamp WMA, Townsend WMA, etc.). I talked with the game warden for that area and he said the pig herd is extremely healthy. HOWEVER, if you've been to SaddlePalooza before, you know the pig hunting is just the cherry on top. The real fun, and reason to attend, is meeting like-minded hunters and learning new styles, tactics, and techniques. The food is pretty dang good as well.

The dates will be Thu-Sun, Feb 20-23. This is the weekend AFTER Valentines day...so no excuses. Take care of your lady (or your man) then hightail it down to Southeast GA to hang out with some of your closest saddle hunting friends. If you're flying, fly into Jacksonville or Savannah. Jville will probably be cheaper.

This event is not about making money. It's about connecting with saddle hunters from around the country and enjoying God's great outdoors together. There is NO CHARGE for running the hunt. I'll take care of all the organization, the campground, the food, and all the incidentals. The $130 fee only covers what you see below. There is no profit being made. If we have a surplus at the end, we can donate it to a worthy cause, or it will go towards SaddlePalooza 2021.

Also, a bunch of saddle hunters donated money last year from the raffle that got cancelled. That money will go to buy down the campsite fees (actual price is $20) and the the t-shirts (actual price is $12) for everyone.

Here's the breakdown of the cost - $130 per hunter.

ITEMCOSTQTYTOTALDETAILS
Campsite$15.004$60.00Atlamaha Regional Park Thu-Sun night. RV sites available for $25/night (you reserve)
Food$10.005$50.00BBQ Dinners Thu-Sun + lunch on Saturday (5 meals)
Incidentals$10.001$10.00Drinks, plates, cups, napkins, trash, utensils, etc.
T-shirt$10.001$10.00Official SaddlePalooza 2020 event shirt
TOTAL$130.00Paid in advance to reserve your spot
If you want to bring an RV or camper, that's fine. Register for the event and when paying fees, omit the $60 Campsite fee and pay the difference: $70 for meals, Incidentals, and the shirt only. You will be responsible for making your own reservation with the campground.

SADDLE DEMO DAY
Saturday afternoon is the demo day. This is your chance to learn about all things saddle hunting. Climbing methods, platforms, ropes, saddles...EVERYTHING. Brand doesn't matter. This is intended to help guys learn about saddle hunting. This is 100% FREE. However, if you want lunch, you'll need to bring $10. That's it.

CAMPGROUND
We have 35 tent sites at Altamaha Regional Park. The tent sites increased on January 1, 2020 from $16 to $20 per night. I reserved every tent site they have and even a couple RV sites just to maximize our footprint. This is why I'm capping it at 50 people. You will see in the registration that you need to list everyone staying in the tent. If I have this information, I can track actual tents and allow more people to attend.
*The campground also has a small restaurant open for breakfast and lunch every day. So if you don't want to mess with food at all...you're good to go.

OTHER COSTS
- GA hunting license - 3 day non-resident small game license is $32. A 3 day hunting/fishing combo is $50. All you need to hunt is the small game license.
- Food - breakfast and lunch are not included. However, we usually have leftovers every night so the smart saddle hunter grabs a plate at the end and fills his cooler. Just saying.
- Kids that sleep in the same tent as a parent only pay $60 Total.

RAFFLE
In the past we've done a raffle. It's a lot of work and I don't really want to mess with it. If someone else wanted to organize it and run it, I'm ok with that, but I'll have to talk through the details with you. As of right now, there is no raffle.

VENDORS
Vendors are encouraged to attend but this isn't about selling gear, so please keep that on your website. Meeting saddle hunters is reason enough to come.

HUNTING
We will be hunting during small game season so only rim-fire weapons, archery, or muzzle-loaders. I recommend a 22 WMR or .17 HMR. There is a LOT of water around. A boat would be a big resource. See license requirements above. There is also world class fishing in these parts if you're interested.

What are your questions?

Last edited:
Only got to come for one day of it last year but had a blast! Hope I get to make it down this year but I’ll have to see how close my ducks are to being in a row!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg, is there a WMA permit required there? Also is there small game requirement like have to hunt with rimfire? night hunting?

No wma permit required. We squashed that a few years ago. Small game weapons only.
This includes .22 caliber and smaller rimfire weapons, shotguns with #2 or smaller shot, archery equipment, and muzzleloaders. That’s the big plus to the state wma hunting vs Stewart. A modern muzzleloader makes a good pig thumper.

Only 50 people? That's probably going to sell out fast. I suggest a simple giveaway instead of the raffle. Donations can be collected and a drawing done for all paid attendees. Doesn't have to be complicated. I can throw a couple things into the mix.

Only 50 people? That's probably going to sell out fast. I suggest a simple giveaway instead of the raffle. Donations can be collected and a drawing done for all paid attendees. Doesn't have to be complicated. I can throw a couple things into the mix.
I might be able to push it to 75. But that's the MAX.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Greg, is there a WMA permit required there? Also is there small game requirement like have to hunt with rimfire? night hunting?
I'm trying to get you a pig this year. That's my mission.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Man I really want to come down and join the party so let me ask, how big of an rv will the site allow?

Back