• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddlerama in Lincoln Land

Phopkins

SH Member
I'm willing to organize an equipment tryout similar to last years get together. So I'm trying to gauge the interest level and pick as central a location as possible for those showing interest. Also wanting to decide on a date. I'd do it late March or mid May.
Any thoughts? Interested?

I'm interested as well...however May sounds much better than Mid-March. In March we can have weather as warm as 60's to as low as the 20's and snowing. Last year was a bit chilly!!

I'm okay with doing it in May but we have to reserve a site somewhere that time of year and it'll cost money. Also we would have a lot more people to contend with.
So I'm looking for guidance from some kind of vocal majority of you guys. When do we schedule it, March or May?
March is at no cost at a state park but we risk cold weather or May when its warmer but we have to reserve a pavillion (insurance against wet weather) so it'll cost.
I'm not willing to front the money cause I wouldn't want to get stuck paying that bill by myself if the weather goes south and no one shows.
Let me know what you think.

I'm okay with doing it in May but we have to reserve a site somewhere that time of year and it'll cost money. Also we would have a lot more people to contend with.
So I'm looking for guidance from some kind of vocal majority of you guys. When do we schedule it, March or May?
March is at no cost at a state park but we risk cold weather or May when its warmer but we have to reserve a pavillion (insurance against wet weather) so it'll cost.
I'm not willing to front the money cause I wouldn't want to get stuck paying that bill by myself if the weather goes south and no one shows.
Let me know what you think.

What about in April?

My vote is for March maybe towards the end so it might warmer, I would like to know what day of the week it’s going on so I can get off work if need be, I work Saturdays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If enough people were to prefer April I can go that way, I was just hoping to avoid losing attendance to turkey season. I'm open to suggestions.
I'm hoping to reach consensus fairly soon.
Also, Ramsey Lake is still a decent compromise location for northern and southern participants.
Lastly, I'd like to put this together soon so we can all get it on our calendar. I'm willing to grill a cut of meat for everybody, would definitely want a head count for that.
Definitely a Saturday get together.

Youth turkey is march 28-29 & april 4-5. I'm up for any dates but I know we will be youth hunting for sure. Ramsey Lake was fine last year and it was a little cool but worked fine. Probably best just to pick a date and go for it, never going to have a date work for everyone.

As an educator, I'm pretty much open for any date in April. Let me know and I might even be able to help out and meet someone out there for setup.

Guessing this is Illinois? If so, I'm 1.2 hours south of Chicago and would possibly be interested in attending.

Back