• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Safety Reminder

Bama_Xander

Another reminder that it can all change in one moment and hunting can be very dangerous. This is sad for him and his family. Remember to practice your safety protocols all the time.

That is real unfortunate. 70 is too young.

I truly hope this thread doesn't gain speed like the no-shame thread, but these stories have been all too prevalent in Michigan this season also.

With hunting license sales almost 150% of last years in mid-october, I hope everyone has an emergency plan and safety protocols in place to ensure a safe hunt. And like @Bama_Xander said, practice them. Tell someone where you're hunting.

I can only hope the fall was secondary, and that this person died doing what they loved.

Last edited:
No fall restraint device was worn. I think everyone here uses something, if not, they should.

Back