• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Same buck?

Bama_Xander

I put some cameras out this year and got pictures of a deer I didn't recognize. After thinking, I realized he might be a deer I got pictures of in 2016. I didn't get any pictures of the deer in 2017 or 2018 but I also didn't put out as many cameras those years. What do you think?

things to look at:
-Right brow tine shape
-left G2 inside sticker
-Right 2016 G2 outside sticker and Right 2019 G3 outside sticker (can stickers hop tines?)
-The shape of left G2 (kinda bladed)

It doesn't really matter who he is, the joker is getting shot if he comes by my stand, but it's fun to guess.

2016:
Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 6.42.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 6.42.41 PM.png

2019:

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 6.44.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-12 at 6.44.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-12 at 6.44.54 PM.png

I think it's the same deer... Sure seems possible. There are definitely similarities. I've noticed how similarities can stay in a local herd for a while which can make different bucks look similar though.

Very good possibility it’s the same deer. Without any pics between the 3 years, almost impossible to tell as the genetics could be spread around the herd for certain characteristics. If this is the only buck you’ve seen around with kickers on right and left side over the past few years, then I would say your chance of him being the same deer increase.

Top two pics are the same deer bottom three are different deer but the same

I'd bet same buck. The left G2 sticker seems like pretty strong evidence. His posture is even the same. Could be some strong genetics passed on I guess.

Last edited:
Back