• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

"Sapphire" insert

Red Beard

SH Member
Questioning whether the new EZV Sapphire insert is really worth it or not in terms of function during low light. Would love to hear from folks that have BOTH the old inserts and the new sapphire insert.

In on this as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So... I don’t have it, but I’ve got a buddy with a YouTube channel, “INFECTED OUTDOORS”, and I asked him this same question... I’m not sure if the screenshot was from one of his latest hog hunt videos, but he showed me a pic of his bow and aight at 9:15 PM central, which is all but damn near dark around here, and I gotta say... It was lit up impressively well. Nothing is gonna gather ambient light like fiber optic, but what I saw was really impressive and has me thinking about grabbing one.

So... I don’t have it, but I’ve got a buddy with a YouTube channel, “INFECTED OUTDOORS”, and I asked him this same question... I’m not sure if the screenshot was from one of his latest hog hunt videos, but he showed me a pic of his bow and aight at 9:15 PM central, which is all but damn near dark around here, and I gotta say... It was lit up impressively well. Nothing is gonna gather ambient light like fiber optic, but what I saw was really impressive and has me thinking about grabbing one.
Can you share said screenshot?

I just bought a new site for my new bow. I plan on putting it on after putting a couple hundred arrows through and get it settled down. I will post my thoughts after that. Just looking at it in the package right now I dont know how much it will help in low light?

(Side note I have just been shooting with the 5 pin site that came with the bow and shooting well. I'd thought I'd be back to my target panic old self but it seems shooting with the ezv for over a year has helped even when using a pin sight again.)

Questioning whether the new EZV Sapphire insert is really worth it or not in terms of function during low light. Would love to hear from folks that have BOTH the old inserts and the new sapphire insert.
If your looking at the slow inserts for your heavy arrow I dont think u have an option....they will be the new style. I was thinking of trying the orange 1s since I need to order slower inserts for my wife's bow that has the older ezv

Aaron sent one to me awhile ago before he released them and I have the glow tape and ring. Highly visible and paired with my Bow Anchor sight that has a glow disc you can shoot in some pretty dim light.

I think the sapphire works way better in low light. Definitely can see it clearer much longer into the evening.

Only issue is if you like to flip you insert to “pro” mode that does not work very well with the sapphire site. You can see the tick marks right through the insert.

Funny I shoot with the tick side facing me and the days I am shooting my best I don't recall seeing the ticks at all. When you get your brain out of the way this sight really shines.

Taken at 9:47, sunset was at 9:19, so pretty much very last legal light in MN. This is my standard chartreuse insert. My camera is not the best in low light.
Screenshot_20200624-214918.png

Back