• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scaffold knot right or wrong?

Ehlusive

After reading how an improperly tied scaffold knot can come loose, it has me worried. Anyway to check that it's tied properly. I pulled very hard on it and it didn't come undone but I'm not sure if that's all it takes. Any tips?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210424-161650_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210424-161650_Gallery.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 82
I would tie that knot again with a longer tag end. A good rule of thumb is to keep the tag end at least the width of your hand. As far as knowing if it's a properly tied knot, I can't help you there just by looking at a pic.

Back