• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scammer

CooterBrown

SH Member
@Ron9942 is a scammer. Please avoid
Wow he was trying to sell me a small recon. Thankfully I haven't bitten yet. Wish we could flush these out sooner because I almost did. Thanks for your update.

Can you explain what is happening to people? Is he saying he has it for sale, gets the money and then doesn't send it or how is he scamming people? I think the Ba$Tard should be hung from his you know what!!!

I don't know the details. He Dm me saying a friend had a small recon for sale with his gmail address so I got his "friend" to send me pictures of it and was almost ready to buy it when I saw this. I assume that was his way off scamming. You pay but never receive the item.

I don't know the details. He Dm me saying a friend had a small recon for sale with his gmail address so I got his "friend" to send me pictures of it and was almost ready to buy it when I saw this. I assume that was his way off scamming. You pay but never receive the item.
The same thing was happening on AT. It was reported and handled very quickly but it was the same story...”Hey my Buddy has what you’re looking for, here’s his email.”

Happened to me on another forum. They tend to respond to WTB threads. The one who almost got me acted as he was replying on behalf of a friend and posted up photos that he got off the internet. I got suspicious when he refused to use Paypal. Googled his email address and he had a trail of negative remarks.

All I can say is be careful. If I'm dealing with someone new I usually like to ask for a picture of the item with a name and date next to it. It doesn't solve all the possible ways to scam but it sure makes it harder to use a snipped picture off the internet.

All I can say is be careful. If I'm dealing with someone new I usually like to ask for a picture of the item with a name and date next to it. It doesn't solve all the possible ways to scam but it sure makes it harder to use a snipped picture off the internet.
I missed the name and date photo thing. He sent pics but I'm sure now they were off the internet somewhere.

Now I understand why some people place their names in their photos for items they are putting on sale here. Do you suggest using your actual name though???? What are some safety recommendations you mods would recommend?

Now I'm scared of the other offers I have to buy a "Recon Small"

Back