• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scentlok Activator Ozone Laundry System

LASOutdoorsmen

7d8b2c1f2b8ab8cbd3126da1d1435854.jpg

I can't speak for others, but I'm a BELIEVER!!!!!I've been using this since this past spring to remove any scent that may be on my hunting clothes. My method was
. Wash my everyday clothes first to clean out the washing machine of any residue
. Then I'd wash my hunting clothes.
. The minute the cycle ended i put the clothes in a trash bag and transported them to a nearby field to air dry.
. Once air dried, I sealed them up in a vacuum sealed back.
Now when I go hunting I remove them straight from the bag and hunt. After my hunt the clothes go inside my Scentmaster . So far I haven't been winded by the 15+ deer that have been downwind of me. All of my clothing is either Scentlok or Native Species.
Now as some of you may feel, I was still a little skeptical about it. That was until last week when I got a little creative.
[youtube]ow0pqSXiI3Q[/youtube]
So for a little while I had this idea of "what if I hook it up to the water hose could I wash my ground blinds, tree stand, packs, and other big stuff that can't go on in a washing machine". During this week of this particular hunt, I really wanted to hunt in my ground blind at least once , but I couldn't because it was filthy with odors. I had it stored in the garage with all the gas motors, then I practiced setting it up in the house. So you can imagine how much it would stink to a deer's nose. So I said "to hell with it, if I don't try this idea I'll never know". I grabbed the extension cord and the water hose. Astonishingly bubbles started flowing (that's the way to see if the ozone is being infused into the water). I sprayed down the ground blind and it's bag an hour before this hunt. The blind was still moist when I set it up for this hunt. I didn't brush the blind in. One hour later I had 3 five pointers with in 10yards of the blind. The kept looking at it because obviously they weren't use to it being there, but they couldn't smell, hear, or see a reason to be threaten by it. At five yards that marks my closes shot with a gun.
To have the blind set up in my kitchen and then in woods, with results like that.... Yeah I'm a believer.

Nice. I gotta look into that. I bought a couple small ozone generators that I use too. I usually stuff my hunting gear into a plastic garbage bag that I've washed and put the ozone machine in there with them. I'll do that a few times between hunts before I actually wash the gear again. It works.
I read somewhere that the ozone damages or otherwise shortens the life of material, but I don't remember exactly. As long as I get a few years worth of use out of most things, I guess I'll take it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I think the activator is an interesting concept as a product. I wish I knew more about this and... *boom* google delivers! Google "can you use ozone in your wash?"

I wonder who is producing scentloks unit? I'm willing to bet, like some of the other scentlok branded product, it is sourced from another company and then they slap their logo on it.

d_rek said:
I think the activator is an interesting concept as a product. I wish I knew more about this and... *boom* google delivers! Google "can you use ozone in your wash?"

I wonder who is producing scentloks unit? I'm willing to bet, like some of the other scentlok branded product, it is sourced from another company and then they slap their logo on it.

Yes. I looked at this once because can't you use this to wash your clothes without any detergent? I don't think the setup was cheap though.

Re: RE: Re: Scentlok Activator Ozone Laundry System

d_rek said:

Pure Wash is the company they partnered with.

redsquirrel said:
d_rek said:

Yes. I looked at this once because can't you use this to wash your clothes without any detergent? I don't think the setup was cheap though.

Surprisingly enough you can come across these on ebay from time to time brand new in the box, for less than $100.
They retail for about $320. I paid like $80.
There's no need to add detergent unless your clothes are really dirty. Once, I added scentlok detergent to the wash and I could smell the detergent in the clothes.

So this hooks up to your washing machine and pumps ozone into the water? What's the benefit of that over airborne ozone?

Boy wish our deer up here would just look at a pop up like that.(insert jealous icon :D ) congrats on the deer. :cool:

kenn1320 said:
So this hooks up to your washing machine and pumps ozone into the water? What's the benefit of that over airborne ozone?

Boy wish our deer up here would just look at a pop up like that.(insert jealous icon :D ) congrats on the deer. :cool:

I know what you mean. I have seen them absolutely bug out from a pop-up showing up unexpectedly.

Ozone is tough on rubber. So boots, elastic cuffs, suspenders...... Other than that it shouldn't be hard on your clothes. Just remember if your using a unit that produces gas, it's tough on thin organic membranes-eyes,throat,lungs, your wife's plants. If you can smell it it's enough to hurt you so treat your stuff where you won't breath it. Remember you pets too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fawnzy said:
Ozone is tough on rubber. So boots, elastic cuffs, suspenders...... Other than that it shouldn't be hard on your clothes. Just remember if your using a unit that produces gas, it's tough on thin organic membranes-eyes,throat,lungs, your wife's plants. If you can smell it it's enough to hurt you so treat your stuff where you won't breath it. Remember you pets too

The residential ozone laundry systems work by diffusing ozone into the water, so there is no risk of ozone escaping into the atmosphere - at least from what i've read there isn't.

It's a very interesting concept but on a residential level advocacy for/against it seems to be all over the place. There is a nice "green" story that proponents of residential ozone laundering claim, but most user reviews of these systems i've seen (on amazon) say that ozone is not a miracle agent for machine washing clothing, and that they still require complimenting the system with traditional detergents.

I would be more curious how ozone can treat and wash activated carbon clothing, and if there is any scientific benefit or disadvantage to doing so. Scentlok either must think that there is, or they are simply marketing this product toward another 'scent industry' niche.

If you haven't noticed they make dog beds with scentlok fabric... :cry:

I don't see this cleaning dirt, so other than maybe (maybe) being safer to use indoors, its no different than the normal unit. Ozone is a gas i thought, so wouldn't it separate from the water and cause tissue damage? No doubt ozone removes odors, but at what risk? The ones that work well state you should not be in the house when in use. Set a timer, have it run and then a few hour waiting period till you enter the dwelling and open doors and windows. The lower end units might not fall into that category, but the good ones I read reviews mentioned it.

Your right kenn. They don't clean, the deodorize and sanitize. The ozone works but must be treated with a healthy respect.
I wonder about the products that produce ozone while in stand. I don't think I'd want to be in a blind with one.

fawnzy said:
Your right kenn. They don't clean, the deodorize and sanitize. The ozone works but must be treated with a healthy respect.
I wonder about the products that produce ozone while in stand. I don't think I'd want to be in a blind with one.

I wouldn't either. And I don't believe ozonics can work in the field. Ozone is used to treat things in high concentrations and you don't get that with a unit spray ozone into the open air. That is why you buy ozone units based on the square footage you want to treat.

Re: RE: Re: Scentlok Activator Ozone Laundry System

kenn1320 said:

Thanks

Back