• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Scentlok coveralls vs jacket and pants

justlooking

I recently purchased the savanna jacket, pants, gloves and head over. I’m thinking the coveralls might contain scent more effectively since they’re all one piece. Any thoughts or experiences or am I just worrying too much?

I have a couple pair of the coveralls. You don’t want to use the head over that comes on it. It muffled too much sound. The good thing about the coverall is the built in storage bag. I stuff it in itself. Have just enough room for gloves, head over, and orange vest. Then everything I have to have besides a weapon is there in one place. I do like the pockets on the crosshair jacket and pants better than the coveralls but I guess you have to give and take.

That makes it tough . I wear a very light base all the time. If that's not an option then I would wipe with field wipes any exposed skin.

I use the Savanna quickstrike coverall and love it. Easy on and off. Always ready for the hunt and in my truck 24/7. I keep everything in Plano containers including steps , platform and bow . On sale now for 50 % off ($99) Scentlok outlet .

I use the Savanna quickstrike coverall and love it. Easy on and off. Always ready for the hunt and in my truck 24/7. I keep everything in Plano containers including steps , platform and bow . On sale now for 50 % off ($99) Scentlok outlet .
Thanks for the heads up. I just bought the Savanna quickstrike coverall for $99.99
with free shipping from Scentlok.com
They were 200.00 a few weeks ago. What an awesome full body system.

When I first started using scentlok I bought a pair of coveralls. They were a pain and I've used separate pants and tops ever since.

I just started taking scent control more seriously this year and I couldn't pass up the $99 Savanna coveralls. Are you guys wearing the coveralls in or putting them on at the base of the tree? I feel like I'd be a sweaty stink bomb early season if I wore them in and would have to re-activate way more often.

I just started taking scent control more seriously this year and I couldn't pass up the $99 Savanna coveralls. Are you guys wearing the coveralls in or putting them on at the base of the tree? I feel like I'd be a sweaty stink bomb early season if I wore them in and would have to re-activate way more often.
I wear mine in because I feel like With exception of days with shifty winds I am much more likely to be winded on the way to the tree than once in it. It’s hot here so I just try to hunt presets less than 1/2 mile from where I’m parking.

I also use the coveralls. I put them on at the truck and tie the top part around my waist. This way I am not a sweaty mess by the time I get to the tree.

Man I tell you what the scentlok quick strike coveralls are a game changer lol not sure if it's the scentlok but while scouting for a new spot I walked past a pack of bedding does three times maybe 10 yards never caught wind of me. So I am pretty excited to start using it.

Always put them on at the truck. Never walk around with without scent control

I recently purchased the savanna jacket, pants, gloves and head over. I’m thinking the coveralls might contain scent more effectively since they’re all one piece. Any thoughts or experiences or am I just worrying too much?
I’ve been wearing SL savanna and full season coveralls for 15yrs. I live in FL so it’s hot all the time so my under garments very by temps. I wear them from truck hunt truck. They stay in a air tight waterproof bag always. During season I reactivate every week during hot temps 80-100, every two weeks 70 and below. Once a year I wash my suits with baking soda on cold gentle dry then straight back to the bag. Right or wrong this has worked for me.

Biggest issue I've had with coveralls is taking a dump in the woods can be awkward. Takes some practice. Pants are lots easier.

Sounds like a good deal on the SL Savannah coveralls though.

Biggest issue I've had with coveralls is taking a dump in the woods can be awkward. Takes some practice. Pants are lots easier.

Sounds like a good deal on the SL Savannah coveralls though.
This here is better info than any consumer reports ever could of given

Back