• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Schnees boots??

gameflogger

SH Member
Anyone tried the schnees boots? They have a steep price tag. Are they worth it?

I have the schnees hunter 2 in 13”, exteme in 13”, and a set of there uninsulated guide boots once that were not for me, Schnees are indestructible, at least there Pac boots are. For mountain boots I prefer Lowa Tibets gtx, I have a messed up leg and need super stiff boots to hunt hard, the lowas are that. Schnees pac boots are a niche item in my opinion but if pac boots are your thing schnees are the gold standard. If you have a sweet tooth for nice things and can stomach the price tag schnees make some of the best gear I have ever used, I have found with boots if you pay up it’s worth it over the long haul because they last so much longer, $100 boots lasted me a year, some of my schnees are past 5 years and they get worn every day in the winter coyote hunting.

Last edited:
I have the schnees hunter 2 in 13”, exteme in 13”, and a set of there uninsulated guide boots once that were not for me, Schnees are indestructible, at least there Pac boots are. For mountain boots I prefer Lowa Tibets gtx, I have a messed up leg and need super stiff boots to hunt hard, the lowas are that. Schnees pac boots are a niche item in my opinion but if pac boots are your thing schnees are the gold standard. If you have a sweet tooth for nice things and can stomach the price tag schnees make some of the best gear I have ever used, I have found with boots if you pay up it’s worth it over the long haul because they last so much longer, $100 boots lasted me a year, some of my schnees are past 5 years and they get worn every day in the winter coyote hunting.
I cannot tolerate cold feet, I have the muck artic boots and if I am in the tree all day not moving my weight back and forth my feet still get cold. All boots’ temperature ratings are “active “ ratings. Even though the mucks have a sub zero rating, I still get cold toes when the temperature drops below freezing. Im wandering how the schnees perform when you are inactive

I have the same problem, I also have muck artics, I only wear the mucks to do chores around the house and stuff like plow the driveway and things, the only way I can sit on a stand for more than a couple hours when it’s less than 20 degrees is my IWOM xt, then I just wear my uninsulated Lowa tibets, I really can’t say what temp those schnees are good for when inactive because I only wear them coyote hunting and I am always moving after an hour sit or so, I will say that about 25 degrees and up I wear my hunter 2 boots and anything less than that it’s the extreme, sometimes cat hunting were in -20 temps and the extremes are good to go but like I said im moving quite a bit usually, I will say as beefy and rugged as the schnees are there not as warm as one would think or I’m just getting super soft, where the schnees shine is there ruggedness and the fact they don’t leak but breathe pretty good, sometimes in the truck with heat cranked max and next thing you know I’m beating through a half froze swamp, those schnees always are dry at the end of the day, there a good compromise between warmth and breathability, boots like mucks for me make my feet and then I’m done instantly. My buddy bought the first pair of Hunter 2s in our group and now it spread like fire and we all have a pair, theres probably 15 pair floating around my area. If I were going to sit on stand and not use my Iwom I would have on my extremes.

CDEEB4F7-BBC4-4D47-8964-6CAFB9706216.jpeg Extremes on the right and Hunter 2s on the left, you can see how much beefier the extremes are, excuse the mess I have to clean and oil them up for winter, my opinion is you would have a hard time finding a better boot than the schnees extreme for a dedicated cold weather boot, you won’t regret the money I guarantee it, check out what they sell used for on fleebay, they still command crazy money used, I got one pair off ebay for a pretty good deal like new.

I bought some Schnees for work and sent them back. The quality is amazing though. I have extremely high arches and hard to get boots to fit right. My heel kept lifting up in the Schnees. I bought Kenetrek Hardscrabble and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I have the 0g Beartooth's. I love them. Comfortable and I like a stiffer shank for standing on a platform. They are not warm by any means, but arctic shield covers with some hand warmers thrown in and you're all set. I wore my Muck arctic shields today...you don't realize the difference in comfort until you've used high quality boots for a while.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I have the beartooth 2's. They are awful until they are broke in and then they are amazing. Don't buy them expecting to run right out and hunt in them. You'll need to wear them around more than you would expect to break them in but they are extremely supportive and my feet stay dry. My feet don't get cold until they get wet, so un-insulated boots are best for me. They saved me from falling more than once hunting this year while elk hunting an extremely steep unit.

Ya hard to listen to and believe Rinella anymore. Its all about money and sponsorships. Sounds like a few guys have tried them and recommend them without getting paid to do so. Happy to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the beartooth 2's. They are awful until they are broke in and then they are amazing. Don't buy them expecting to run right out and hunt in them. You'll need to wear them around more than you would expect to break them in but they are extremely supportive and my feet stay dry. My feet don't get cold until they get wet, so un-insulated boots are best for me. They saved me from falling more than once hunting this year while elk hunting an extremely steep unit.

Do you use them in Warren? I hunt ANF sometimes and am in the market for boots. I'm taking a good look at boots with Sympatex, and these are on the list.

I'm interested in the insulated version, as, depending on my schedule, I may make trips anywhere from Nov archery to rifle and/or muzzleloader seasons. I usually hike in and hunt elevated during archery and rifle unless I'm tracking on snow.

I guess what I'm asking is are you getting through all seasons on that boot and, if so, how?

Back