• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ScoutLook-Hunt Stand Transition

Aeds151

I have used Scout Look successfully the last two seasons and had a lot saved. I just opened it and it had directions to download Hunt Stand as they got bought out. It said that all my data/pins would be there when I logged in to Huntstand. This is not the case. Anyone else find this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used Scout Look successfully the last two seasons and had a lot saved. I just opened it and it had directions to download Hunt Stand as they got bought out. It said that all my data/pins would be there when I logged in to Huntstand. This is not the case. Anyone else find this?

You logged in with your scoutlook info and nothing? maybe log out, wait a bit, log in?

To be honest this is why I try to use apps where I can control/use/import/export standard format data. I like and use(d) both huntstand (which I had preferred and looks beefed up this year) and scoutlook, but do most of my mapping in gaia which doesn't eat up and lock up my data. I understand why they do it, but it sucks when things like this happen.

Im stickin to avenza and create my own geo referenced maps in arc pad.

I didn’t like this merger when I first found out about it. Yesterday I tried to open Scoutlook and was upset to see it no longer worked and was telling me to download Huntstand and follow the directions to move waypoints from Scoutlook. I did exactly as said and nothing moved even though I got a confirmation email stating they did. Finally after syncing multiple times over many hours my waypoints finally appeared. I was pretty darn pissed for a bit there but happy it worked out. So far Huntstand seems pretty nice. A little more busy than Scoutlook but a few really nice added features.

I havent used this since last year but mine is still working. It may also be because i haven't updated the app. Screenshot_20191011-105700_ScoutLook Hunting.jpg

Maybe mine will sync up and I will look over directions again.

Mine finally synced. What a mess. All of my stuff is around Norman Oklahoma??? What is Oklahoma? haha. I added some stuff and tried to look at weather for my area tomorrow and its a pita. App removed. I gotta remind myself to keep it simple sometimes.

I really thked Scoutlook , used for wind , temps . Is there another similar add out there ,not crazy about Huntstand ?

Ya I really like scoutlook. Easy and quick

I just realized the fishing version of scout look is still good. I can drop pins in hunting spots and look at boatsrift instead of scentcone but same thing.

I really liked Scoutlook to and am disappointed in Huntstand. Scoutlook was user friendly but I find Huntstand to be overly complicated. I've watched a ton of videos but haven't found most of them helpful - more of feature than help type of videos. I have contacted customer support and asked several questions but they got tired of me and won't even reply now! If any of you have links to videos that really help with Huntstand, I'd really appreciate it.

I didn’t like this merger when I first found out about it. Yesterday I tried to open Scoutlook and was upset to see it no longer worked and was telling me to download Huntstand and follow the directions to move waypoints from Scoutlook. I did exactly as said and nothing moved even though I got a confirmation email stating they did. Finally after syncing multiple times over many hours my waypoints finally appeared. I was pretty darn pissed for a bit there but happy it worked out. So far Huntstand seems pretty nice. A little more busy than Scoutlook but a few really nice added features.

I had the same problem. It said Scoutlook when I opened Huntstand but it just took me to my home location and I lost at least 20 hunting locations. I'm putting them manually into Huntstand now.

Everytime I load it and want to look at weather it zooms me into some place in Oklahoma. I then Have to zoom out and scroll a few states away and try to find my stand locations. I had them close my account. Pure rubbish.

My scoutlook merger never opened. I've clicked a zillion times but only get a failed sync message.

After seeing this thread I was nervous about the merger. I had used hunstand in the past but didnt like it and the gps was super laggy... which is why I downloaded scoutlook. I really liked that app and preferred it over onx for a few years. A few weekends ago when I got to the hunting property and tried to open scoutlook I got the message to download huntstand. Wasnt happy about it but thought maybe its improved and they transferred some of scoutlooks layout etc to is. Nope still a super laggy gps but thankfully all my pins transferred. Im now using onx more frequently for faster updating gps position. But have been jumping between them both.

Ya the merger will create more OnX users for-sure. Huntstand is pure ****e (in Irish).

Not a Huntsmart Fan,, I really like ScoutLook way better, Looking for something different now.

Ya the merger will create more OnX users for-sure. Huntstand is pure ****e (in Irish).

ONX ...the only thing it gives me is public land borders...which is awesome...but everything else it frustrates me I have sent them suggestions and they reply but I never see them implemented

Back