• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Several Shooter Bucks

barlowchiro

I have 3-4 shooter bucks on my trail cameras, but all of them are still moving at night! I have yet to get a shooter buck on camera during daylight hours. Frustrating isn't the word for it...
.IMG_4668.jpgIMG_4748.jpgIMG_4756.jpg

Yep, it’s painful to look at those night pics! Hunt them hard and yet some lazy hunter in a box stand with a pop tart, staring at a corn pile will kill one following a doe during rut! Ugh! Happens every year and then you have to listen to that lucky 3 weekends a year box stand hunter tell you how you’re wasting your time. RANT OVER!

Yep, it’s painful to look at those night pics! Hunt them hard and yet some lazy hunter in a box stand with a pop tart, staring at a corn pile will kill one following a doe during rut! Ugh! Happens every year and then you have to listen to that lucky 3 weekends a year box stand hunter tell you how you’re wasting your time. RANT OVER!
No doubt. I pulled my cameras (public land) last Thursday, still no daytime pictures. Would have figured there would have been at least some daylight if not dusk pictures. NOPE. All in the dead of night still.

It's no time to give up. Keep plugging away, nobody ever killed one sitting at home. I've spent the last 2 weeks passing 2 year old 8 points, I know of 3 bucks I want to kill but except for 2 mornings when there was an in heat doe in the vicinity. Then a good buck showed, but still couldn't close the deal.

No doubt about that. Our gun season opens on the 30th and run for two weeks, then no hunting till after christmas so hoping I can get one in late season.

Just because they are not on your cameras during the day, doesn't mean they don't move during the day. Put your time in and keep looking into different spots and different areas. Move cameras around too into areas you would not normally think they'd be.

Yea good point. I have been hunting different areas, trying to get a bit closer to the bedding areas every time. Finally saw a mature buck, but he was chasing does about 150 yards away. Oh well, hope he survives the gun season!

Lol

Back