• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sewing a belt onto the sit drag

iamcorey

Anyone with experience installing a belt into your sit drag. Do you recommend sewing it directly to the sit drag or installing belt loops and running the belt through?

Once you are tethered and hunting do you undo the belt or just loosen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on how you want to run the sit drag.
If you are running a RC harness with it you don’t need the belt to support you so I would sew my belt on about where the sit drag comes off my hips and use a backpack waist belt buckle.
If you have good sewing skills and want to use it to backup your sit drag I would add a belt either sewn into the sit drag or through belt loops.
Some people don’t use a belt but if you put slack in your system to make adjustments it might fall down around knee level.

I use a RCH. Didn’t think about using that to wear the SD. A couple of attach point for the RCH should work.

Direct answer to your question sew it to the sitdrag
at hunting height unbuckle belt

BUT there are a lot of variables in your question

I have a sitdrag with a belt sewn in I have another with no belt at all
i attach my linesman to on a sitdrag i have another where my sitdrag stays in the pouch until hunting height
Im not going to go through all the options but you get the jest of what im saying

I sewed mine directly to the top webbing strap of my sit drag.

I don’t unclip my belt at hunting height, but I do loosen it enough that it doesn’t alter the pressure distribution of the sit drag.

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

I sewed mine directly to the top webbing strap of my sit drag.

I don’t unclip my belt at hunting height, but I do loosen it enough that it doesn’t alter the pressure distribution of the sit drag.

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

I found pics of a sit drag you did on page 4 of this thread.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw1Pd49dpasRFMhZmtG8_2RY&cshid=1564272350677
Still using it set up like that? Anything you would change? I have one ordered for a low cost entry into saddle hunting.
Also, you mentioned using a cobra buckle. I'm not familar with those, where is a good place to buy them?

Because the belt is used to keep the SitDrag in place and doesn’t provide safety, I used a military rucksack waist buckle. Holds tight and easy to adjust and quiet if I need to undo it. If you want weight bearing, I would recommend a cobra buckle

You can use any buckle you want, plastic is fine. The belt has nothing to do with safety, it's only a convenience to keep the sitdrag from falling to your knees when standing/walking.

I found pics of a sit drag you did on page 4 of this thread.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw1Pd49dpasRFMhZmtG8_2RY&cshid=1564272350677
Still using it set up like that? Anything you would change? I have one ordered for a low cost entry into saddle hunting.
Also, you mentioned using a cobra buckle. I'm not familar with those, where is a good place to buy them?

Still running that exact same sit drag. The only thing I would consider is possible doing the battlefield belt like some guys are doing on their mantis’s. Have all the pockets on that and the sit drag suspended below it.

-IkemanTx

Ikeman what do you mean when you say people are attaching a battlefield belt to mantis?

Ikeman what do you mean when you say people are attaching a battlefield belt to mantis?
Same way I run it with my sitdrag
367d440afd5592afdd9c106d978b9310.jpg

Thank you that is exactly what a sitdrag is lacking IMO. I've been conspiring something like this.

I sewed my belt into the top of my sitdrag and just left it attached at hunting height to. Was mostly just used for walking in with it.

I ended up seeing some belt loops to the inside of the SD and ran a belt through.

I used the piece of green 2" strap for a belt. Seams are vertical so gear can be attached through loops if desired. Then used 2" plastic buckle 20190915_095811_HDR.jpg

Back