• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sewn webbing bridge ?

nature tamer

Has anyone sewn webbing loops on to saddle for bridge? I currently have webbing bridge with water knots. I want to eliminate the knots. How much stitching should there be to be safe? And what method of stitching?

I did on my Anderson Sling and then folded over the webbing in the main part of the bridge to make it more compact. Used a speedy stitcher.

I used sewn webbing as a bridge. However I just girth hitched one end and used a carabiner on the other. I don't want to have to set through anything putting on my saddle.

I wonder if you could use some 10mm rope and a small prusic/carabiner as your bridge.

I do like the amsteel, but I don't believe it being ounces lighter is a deal breaker for me. It not being adjustable is a huge deal. Most people will get the new mantis with a set bridge and base their whole saddle experience off of the comfort from that particular bridge. I have found I like a shorter bridge. I would also like it to be adjustable. I just have to figure out exactly what I want.

I also thought about doubling my tree tether, but I don't like being unattached ever, so that's not an option for me.

I use webbing loops and had a shoe store stitch them on a machine
Do you have pics of there stiching? I have a way of sewing, I just want to make sure I have the correct stiching pattern and enough stiching to be safe.

I wonder if you could use some 10mm rope and a small prusic/carabiner as your bridge.

I do like the amsteel, but I don't believe it being ounces lighter is a deal breaker for me. It not being adjustable is a huge deal. Most people will get the new mantis with a set bridge and base their whole saddle experience off of the comfort from that particular bridge. I have found I like a shorter bridge. I would also like it to be adjustable. I just have to figure out exactly what I want.

I also thought about doubling my tree tether, but I don't like being unattached ever, so that's not an option for me.
With amsteel, you can try a whoopie sling out of 1/4 inch amsteel so you can adjust until you find the right length before making it permamnent, or alternatively just some good climbing rope girth hitched one end and a prussik on the other to find that ideal length for the bridge. At least that is how I will be doing it when my amsteel comes in :)

Im using 11mm. locked Brummel on left side and a pruisic on the right. Just ordered some sewn pruisics to do away w/the big knots. I like to adjust my bridge once in awhile along w/my tether height. Someone posted a vid. showing not to run rope into webbing as it would cut the web

If you want the bridge adjustable, you could look at nutterbutter's video on his webbing tether. He has an adjuster (think belt buckle) posted that would work. You could probably get by with some box stitches in the webbing. Always test everything at ground level though. If you're not comfortable sewing, you could always take it some where as well.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back