• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sheds and dead’s 2023

1c6f742d965e03c82c6c257a2a1a8298.jpg

b2ca31ec301e2f0591e522b83995e229.jpg

30171833c18564ade5377cb15fa9ab15.jpg

c7a27171019bccecb7168085b5d235c0.jpg

One of my main target bucks that vanished in mid-October and found on the neighbor’s farm a couple of weeks ago. Either a bad bow shot or car hit based on where he was found.

Found this one a few weeks ago doing a small push during rifle season. Found him laying along a marshy creek bottom. First dead head I ever found. I don't do much shed hunting, etc. I do a ton of scouting but my eyes are never focused on sheds, etc. I probably have walked by so many in my life.

Pic.jpg

I do a ton of scouting but my eyes are never focused on sheds, etc

I try to shed hunt every spring but then I start looking for/following sign and next thing I know I realize I’ve covered several miles and completely forgot I was looking for sheds. Only sheds I have ever found is when I’m working and on property that I know I’ll never hunt. For some reason the work I’m supposed to be doing never seems to distract me like deer sign does. Lol

I found this shed yesterday when I dipped my toe into a new to me area I picked on a map. It is a very dense and nasty thicket surrounding a marsh. I just went in a short way yesterday but i plan to tromp down every inch of it in a few weeks. Anyway, within 20 yards of the pin I dropped on the map was this well gnawed shed and some impressive sized deer poops that looked to be about a week old. Also, there was a scrape under a bush. The area looks to have a lot of potential for next season. I just need to get in there, walk the place out and figure out how to hunt it.

Attachments

• 2023 shed.jpg
    2023 shed.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 50
I found this shed yesterday when I dipped my toe into a new to me area I picked on a map. It is a very dense and nasty thicket surrounding a marsh. I just went in a short way yesterday but i plan to tromp down every inch of it in a few weeks. Anyway, within 20 yards of the pin I dropped on the map was this well gnawed shed and some impressive sized deer poops that looked to be about a week old. Also, there was a scrape under a bush. The area looks to have a lot of potential for next season. I just need to get in there, walk the place out and figure out how to hunt it.
Looks like that one has been there a while.

Back