• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Shot angles

vabwhntr

Looking for some advice. Was up about 20’ up in a tree Friday and Saturday evening. Missed a deer each time. One at 28 yards and one at 26 yards according to my leupold range finder that has the bow mode that compensates angles. The first one I’m pretty sure I shot over it. The second one I don’t know. Neither deer spooked much. The second one gave me another shot at 45 yards and I hit her just farther back as she stepped when I shot but I was perfect height on the hit. Is something wrong with my sight from angles or what should I look at? I thought the range finder was supposed to take the holding high or low out of equation for angles. I’m going to shoot off my deck later today. I have a black gold 5 pin revenge. New on bow this year. Had a HHA optimizer single pin before and never had any angle issues with it. Guess it’s possible I just missed twice but I really don’t think that is the cause. Any help appreciated.

I'd suggest getting rid of the extra pins and use one pin sighted in at 25 yards and practice from hunting height. Like Red said, you've got to bend at the waist to keep your shoulders square.
Stop relying on technology and learn to shoot your equipment.

I loved my single pin but switched to 5 pin for a elk hunt next year. My guess is that I forgot to bend at the waist. I mainly wanted to make sure I was correct about my range finder eliminating the hold high or low for up or down shots.

Absolutely sounds like a form issue to me you didn’t bend at the waist. kind of answered your own question when the deer got farther away you’re able to hit it at the same height you Aimed. you didn’t need bend at the waist as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back