• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Showing off my PP (build your own predator pack)

BackSpasm

SH Member
Ok, I just wrapped up my foliage predator pack build. I took some inspiration from both the laser cut XL pack design as well as the original predator pack. I have about 27 dollars in the whole build thanks to supplies that were on hand. I tried to cut down on some of the extraneous straps. Overall I tried to tighten up the tolerances a little bit to make it a really snug fit. That definitely worked but I am hoping it loosens up just a TINY bit with some use.

It is set up to be able to work as a compression panel or stand-alone system (primary use is alone). I have some backpack straps ~90% done for it that I will post up next on this thread. I am also going to work up a tailor-made zipper pouch to hold my bolts to ride on the front of this thing, as well as a doyles hoist in its own matching pouch. While I could carry sticks with this setup if I really wanted to, and I included the G-hooks staps (that I already had) to allow me to do that, its really just for running early-season presets that I already have out and bolt hunting primarily. If I am taking sticks, everything just goes in the popup no problem. I also wanted this pack to be able to mate up to the PU so I premeasured the loop spacing on the pack to ensure it would match up perfectly to the loops on the rear of the PP should I want to use it on the outside in the future.

I need to give a shoutout to @4090Sharps who pointed me in the right direction on the riveted hook for the closure which took some searching to find and get installed. I based the pull tab off the one on my FHF harness.

Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 4.14.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-20 at 4.14.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-20 at 4.13.52 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 4.13.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 4.13.18 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 4.12.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 4.12.52 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 4.12.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 4.12.34 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Wow Man that’s awesome!! But not ur PP!! …….. I don’t care for Tethrd stuff that much but I do have one exception, their Gen3 One Sticks are awesome!!

Wow Man that’s awesome!! But not ur PP!! …….. I don’t care for Tethrd stuff that much but I do have one exception, their Gen3 One Sticks are awesome!!
idk man sounds like you’re a hard core tethrd man now, I bet you even got a big tethrd nation sticker on the rear windshield of your truck :tearsofjoy:

Oh no don't worry I have noticed your recent conversion. I think you and @enkriss are pretty close to building an altar for your One Sticks lol

The only thing I own from Tethrd is that platform that I bought second hand on this site and those G-hooks which were given to me by a buddy. But every single interaction I have personally had with any of those guys both in person and on this site has been top notch. People find amazing ways to get butthurt about stuff in life when they should be thanking these guys for contributing so much to a pursuit we all enjoy and moving on without buying anything from them if they have a problem. Some DIYers met on this site, bonded over their love of hunting, and built a company from the ground up that not many of us, myself included could have ever pulled off. Of course there have been hiccups, screw ups, and compromises on the way. More power to them.

Ok here is the latest. About wrapping up my early season streamlined build here. I usually end up taking either a thermos of coffee or a small of bottle water so I built a matching adjustable sleeve that will hold both either. I also usually take a snack bar of some kind so I added a dedicated pouch to the bottle holder on the front just to accommodate that single snack. I also put on a dedicated doyles hoist in its own pouch with a grommet. Finally, I made a bolt pouch to fit my full treehopper bolt set up in case I am not going to a preset. I also added an external pocket to this for holding my phone when I am in the tree. The backpack straps turned out ok, but it was very difficult to get the binding consistent with the padding pressing up against it. That was a big learning curve and I think I am limited by the machine set up I have to get it right. Still need to finish up the closure on the doyles pouch and do a few more tweaks but I am very happy with how compact it is overall. Cant wait to grab this little set up and my bow and hit the woods this fall

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 3.09.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-15 at 3.09.47 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 3.09.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 3.09.34 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 3.10.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 3.10.06 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
Man! That is fantastic work and design. I really like the 2 tone accessory pouches you’ve added.

That really looks great. Good thinking with the external pocket for your phone!

Back