• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sight longer lights

lawrence

SH Member
Working thru sight issues:
One of the things I have found helpful is the use of a sight light to brighten the pins.
How long do the batteries last?
Would I have to turn them on and off just before the shot? or is there a light with a remote turn on? I can see .019 fibers only with a light and using readers..029 I can see without the light.. just the readers.
Saving for lasik.. but that will be next January as my FSA doesn’t recharge till October (a week after archery starts here).
Any other suggestions?

If this kinda thing matters to you...from what ive read sight lights are not allowed to qualify you for p&y records. I know most people dont care but i just wanted to point that out. Kinda a dumb rule in my opinion. I had a g5 on my sight and it worked good. Replacement batteries are expensive once they run out. Never put one on my new bow after reading the pope and young rule.

My sight has a light which I've used about twice. I turned it on at first light until the sun had risen then switched it off. Switched it back on at sunset and had it on until I packed up for the night. Not sure how long the batteries would last that way but I'd figure for awhile. Depending on your sight the batteries might be difficult to find.

I wish. I have an older truglo with staggered pin sizes. It uses a weird battery size. Had to special order them. Will prolly change out the light to something newer here eventually

Have you tried a verifier peep?

Dont get the spot Hogg sight light. Mine started flickering. I have G5 they stopped making years ago.

with that said.Legal hunting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset around here and I haven’t needed one so I haven’t used one in years.

I haven’t tried the verifier peep. I was testing going Peepless as the eyes are not what the used to be. Tried the PNP with the copper johns and am returning it. I’ve had some success with readers. The light seems to help. Looking at illumapin for longer and easier light use.

I haven’t tried the verifier peep. I was testing going Peepless as the eyes are not what the used to be. Tried the PNP with the copper johns and am returning it. I’ve had some success with readers. The light seems to help. Looking at illumapin for longer and easier light use.

what about the EZV? For hunting it might be a great option.

I use a peep sight, I started using one last summer. Works great. Practiced out to 50 yards and was kinda good at that range but nowhere good enough to hunt at that range. Out to 30 though was spot on.

Guess I can settle for 90 feet or 30 yards for this year. Will ezv work for that?

Absolutely. I regularly practice out to 40 yards with pretty good accuracy. 30 and under I feel very confident with it.

I shot peepless for a long time after they came on the scene but always shot with a kisser. That was after making the switch to shooting a release.

Back