• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sika hunt Md

suicyderider

Had an amazing adventure in the marshes of Dorchester Md yesterday. Sucessfully killing a hind and stag sika deer from my saddle. Public land. It was one of my most memorable hunts nothing about it is typical and i cant wait to go back.
e8b68d78c5f9a70ebd5b350115a85ee3.jpg
30e30b6a3367b3b97c08d1eb4fb8204c.jpg
b61836e3de1abfef9f271ccae38051b7.jpg
e412b1535e4af188321d30b05849378c.jpg
ea10bcbb246a3d310d682e635e1bb98b.jpg
6569853be25e6d1e592e1b70b77696f3.jpg
f88ac5c47ee050b39653cdf20eb81468.jpg
2c75bec91b7f0e37fc5c28d8d5aff50b.jpg
d754097e230b347e8c37c4f3d895f5e0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Awesome job. So many things about them are difficult....The terrain, the small size, the will to live. Very hard creatures to kill. Some of the best eating as well. Congrats.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm bumping this up because this hunt is so easily accessible by east coasters and an amazing experience. Nothing like a whitetail.

You see how small they are. Try hitting the ten ring at 30 yards from a tree. Add the fact they can take a hit like no creature I've seen.

Hats off once again.

I hunted them on the VA side a few times, no luck with a bow but we would hammer them with firearms. Congrats man! They are some good eating.

Thanks,
Boswell

thank you!

I'm bumping this up because this hunt is so easily accessible by east coasters and an amazing experience. Nothing like a whitetail.

You see how small they are. Try hitting the ten ring at 30 yards from a tree. Add the fact they can take a hit like no creature I've seen.

Hats off once again.

Had a blast
ecb14084a1a94fbe94f27ded7b10c3e0.jpg
edad2fbe0b1ddbaf6f5de5786c2a7a57.jpg
2382f946f92115bc94dbde6271d464e4.jpg
894c700cc8bdeefacb22cc9d6a07c5b3.jpg

I just moved to Northern VA, only just heard about Sitka Deer yesterday at the range, I'm definitely interested, got a buddy that lives over there too, but I don't know anything about Sitka, looks awesome congrats!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just moved to Northern VA, only just heard about Sitka Deer yesterday at the range, I'm definitely interested, got a buddy that lives over there too, but I don't know anything about Sitka, looks awesome congrats!

Best of luck i studied google maps for 2 years and reached out for help.. they dont like people coming out to hunt even on public land..

Best of luck i studied google maps for 2 years and reached out for help.. they dont like people coming out to hunt even on public land..

I can understand that, any help/recommendations would be appreciated!

If the ground is dry keep going.. they like it soupy, swampy pines or nearly barren swamp with one or two live trees to clkmb.. throw scent control out the window they dont care..dont climb too high theyre tiny and dont expect to much before the sun sets in evening but as soon as it does b ready

If the ground is dry keep going.. they like it soupy, swampy pines or nearly barren swamp with one or two live trees to clkmb.. throw scent control out the window they dont care..dont climb too high theyre tiny and dont expect to much before the sun sets in evening but as soon as it does b ready

This is in Maryland? Can you post or pm me some details? I want to go do this hunt.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Md dnr page has all the info i have. It tell you which counties, maps, and kill numbers. Id say best bet is Blackwater National wildlife Refuge is the best spot has tons of parking access.. im not done there if i figure anythinh out thats not readily available ill share

Md dnr page has all the info i have. It tell you which counties, maps, and kill numbers. Id say best bet is Blackwater National wildlife Refuge is the best spot has tons of parking access.. im not done there if i figure anythinh out thats not readily available ill share

Awesome. I know nothing about Sika deer. Early season is best for them? Were they already rutting during your hunt?

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Awesome. I know nothing about Sika deer. Early season is best for them? Were they already rutting during your hunt?

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
Rut late sept thru october... bugs are horrible so sometimes 2 thermacells and deet.. i plan to be back first week october nxt year

Back