• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sika

Ked84

Going to be doing a sika hunt this year. Most likely the fishing bay wma. Couple days out of the week in early/mid October. Anyone else have plans to be down there?

I’ll be making a trip from NH to Delaware for white tails but was gonna focus on sika for a few days in oct. Do you guys think Maryland is that much better for sika?

I saw a thread of a group that got together last year or the year before. Im all for going alone but if anyone wants to join we will try to set something up. I hear its easy to get turned around in the marsh.

Last edited:
Buddies of mine drug a boat down there a few times this year. Being I just dropped a 27 mud buddy on my boat, I may go to. I miss it.

My brother and I are planning on heading down Early October, all the way from Michigan.
We had a Montana antelope hunt fall through and this seems like a better excuse to put some miles on the saddle anyways.
I'd love to meet up.

Anybody hunt saddle in the marshes before?

It seems like just 2 climbing sticks might be enough considering some people just use 6 ft step ladders?

To be honest, I should be shutting my mouth right now, that said I ain't smart. Dorchester County, that is all. I grew up there, and there ain't anywhere like it for sika. There is a reason that DE and VA hunters still get their out-of-state license and hunt in MD. Unfortunately, the secret got out a few years ago, and now it gets flooded with boom stickers during gun season. Let me get into contact with a few guys, I will look into a guided hunt if we do a group rate. I am military so I will put that arm twist on them to see if that helps. Would anybody else be in for a private group hunt? Public is better than nothing, but these buggers are a bit random, and the marsh (read: phragmites) makes tracking hit or miss.

To be honest, I should be shutting my mouth right now, that said I ain't smart. Dorchester County, that is all. I grew up there, and there ain't anywhere like it for sika. There is a reason that DE and VA hunters still get their out-of-state license and hunt in MD. Unfortunately, the secret got out a few years ago, and now it gets flooded with boom stickers during gun season. Let me get into contact with a few guys, I will look into a guided hunt if we do a group rate. I am military so I will put that arm twist on them to see if that helps. Would anybody else be in for a private group hunt? Public is better than nothing, but these buggers are a bit random, and the marsh (read: phragmites) makes tracking hit or miss.
Unfortunately I am the type that would rather go home empty handed then have a guide for anything. I'm a bit too stubborn for that. Haha

Unfortunately I am the type that would rather go home empty handed then have a guide for anything. I'm a bit too stubborn for that. Haha

I understand that.
I’ve never used a guide, but also I suppose I’m not entirely opposed.
If I do something guided, I would definitely like it to be more educational than “go sit by this feeder and wait”.
I think with the right people, you’re paying for what they know and hopefully it’s a “teach a person to fish” moment and going public would be a lot easier moving forward with that foundation?

Back