• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Simmons tree shark...anybody use one?

NMSbowhunter

SH Member
I love my single bevel Grizzlies and Tuffheads but I have been eyeing the Simmons Treeshark broadheads after watching a lot of Chris Spikes hunting videos. Has anybody used these, especially on wood arrows? How did you like them? If possible, give us some good hunting stories. :)

I've used the Interceptors and Tiger Sharks. If you have the HP, I'd say you can't go wrong with that head..

I love my single bevel Grizzlies and Tuffheads but I have been eyeing the Simmons Treeshark broadheads after watching a lot of Chris Spikes hunting videos. Has anybody used these, especially on wood arrows? How did you like them? If possible, give us some good hunting stories. :)

My dad and nephew have both used the Treesharks and Tiger sharks with good results. Just an FYI, Centaur makes an almost identical broadhead in single bevel if you want to stick with SB broadheads. They can be hard to track down but I think they have a Facebook page that you can order from.

I'm using the small 125's right now cause I'm using 125 grain inserts and it's what I had in that weight range. They've worked well in the past.

Actually trying to find some Centaurs. I haven't looked hard yet, but they are supposed to be tougher in the furrel.

Oh man brings me back in internet hunting forum history to the world's greatest turkey hunter and the too-brief time we got to laugh at him before his banishment. Anyone else know what I am talking about lol?
Bet there's a good story there....

My dad and nephew have both used the Treesharks and Tiger sharks with good results. Just an FYI, Centaur makes an almost identical broadhead in single bevel if you want to stick with SB broadheads. They can be hard to track down but I think they have a Facebook page that you can order from.
Nice, I'll look into that.

They knock big holes in stuff. I believe the only one they still make for wood shafts is 2" cut. The ones I have shot were screw in.
I plan to try the glue on ones first on wood shafts. Should make a big hole.

Oh man brings me back in internet hunting forum history to the world's greatest turkey hunter and the too-brief time we got to laugh at him before his banishment. Anyone else know what I am talking about lol?
Sounds like some tradgang foolery but I do not remember the reference.

I will say I've had one mishap with a Simmons. I had climbed down to put a finishing shot in a doe. The "wing" part of the broadhead must have caught the hide before the tip and ripped a huge gash before disappearing into infinity. I've seen a couple of wounds similar. For the price, I think there is better out there. Just bought a dozen ACE in 160 and 200. With shipping it was about $85 for (12) broadheads. And I can get these waaay sharper than a Simmons.

I will say I've had one mishap with a Simmons. I had climbed down to put a finishing shot in a doe. The "wing" part of the broadhead must have caught the hide before the tip and ripped a huge gash before disappearing into infinity. I've seen a couple of wounds similar. For the price, I think there is better out there. Just bought a dozen ACE in 160 and 200. With shipping it was about $85 for (12) broadheads. And I can get these waaay sharper than a Simmons.
I have heard good things about the Ace.

I've killed a couple of elk and a few deer with tree sharks. It's a good head but mine were from the original maker that glued on.
Now I'm shooting Centaur Battle axes. Love the single bevel. I've gotten very good blood trails using them. But I'm not sure you can get them anymore. I dont see broadheads on the website anymore. I may have bought some of the last stock 2 years ago.
Sharpening has always been a challenge. Stay sharp makes the version C jig which has made sharpening them much easier for me.

Back