• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Simple Venison Roast

woodsdog2

SH Member
So my buddy highly recommends this venison roast slow cooker recipe and what I like is it takes about 2 minutes to prepare. One venison roast frozen and rinsed, one packet of dry au jus mix, one packet of ranch dressing mix, one stick of butter. Cook on low for 12 hours. No need to add water or any other liquids. He swears by it. I got one going this am for din din tonight. IMG_5560.jpg

That's basically the "Mississippi Roast" without the pepperchinnis. Excellent choice! This has been the go to venison roast recipe in our house for a couple of years. Next round, throw in a half dozen pepperchinnis, you won't regret it!

I'm skeptical about this recipe but also curious. Let us know what you think of it.

I’m going to try this tomorrow unless I hear back from OP that it wasn’t all his buddy said it would be.

It’s awesome. But, if you’re salt sensitive I would recommend a half pack of au jus mix at best. And yes, put the peppers in there.

That's basically the "Mississippi Roast" without the pepperchinnis. Excellent choice! This has been the go to venison roast recipe in our house for a couple of years. Next round, throw in a half dozen pepperchinnis, you won't regret it!

Ya was thinking those ingredients look familiar to one we used last week.

Debone an entire shoulder and use that next time....you’ll be amazed at what you get in return. The shoulder can be a gnarly looking slab, but the low and slow breaks down all the unattractive nonsense into delicious goodness.

Mine turned out great today. I didn’t do the peperoncinis because my wife hates spicy food.
I pulled all the meat apart and we made sliders with havarti cheese.
Next time, less au jus or unsalted butter, though. It was a little salty for me taste.

Mine turned out great today. I didn’t do the peperoncinis because my wife hates spicy food.
Next time, less au jus or unsalted butter, though. It was a little salty for me taste.

Hardheaded.....

I've got some left over I'm going to warm it up tomorrow and try the slider thing with the Havarti. Or how about Cheddar Habinaro cheese melted on it???

Back