• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Singer 15-91 acquired

sojourner

Total props to [mention]jhunter13 [/mention] on this!!

We were conversing about the teach n train this coming Saturday outside of Philly and saddles and his thread injecting. He let me know how happy he is with a 15-91. And seeing his recent work, I could tell that a 15-91 would be more than enough for my saddle and aider making needs.

I have a new singer 45** and it is not confidence inspiring. Well, he saw a deal on FB marketplace and alerted me early this morning. I immediately made the call and picked it up this afternoon. The seller said I would not believe the amount of calls he got on it from 8AM until 3PM today. I am glad i offered to PayPal him immediately! $40 was total cost. Came with table and other accessories.

I have a local singer repair shop that was on the lookout for one for me. I might just take it there for an overhaul. Just to be on the safe side. It does crank easy. Looks good. The cord is a little rotted, but nothing that cannot be replaced.

Anywho, I am stoked for this find.

43221a7adc0de573526becda06644a7b.jpg

698a2b8892209489dfc5649f958552d2.jpg

0bd672969f46384164dab339744befda.jpg

I picked up a Necchi Supernova on Monday for free during a curbside garage cleanout. Keep your eyes open for the sewing machine cabinet type while out driving. The father and son even loaded it into my car for me. :blush:

You need an industrial. :oops:

Noooooo!

I talked myself into a sailrie, then a juki, then started saving, then COVID, then the 15-91 for $40. I think I will be fine for saddles and aiders and maybe backpacks. Not trying to start a business, so the machine won’t be running 8 hours a day.

But then again, who knows.

My 15-91 has a twin now.

Got it for $50. (Down from $90 asking price). Motor runs, foot pedal works, no drag or stickyness on turning, the needle moves up and down, has a knee bar (which I like), but foot pedal is not currently inserted in its place. I’ll move the foot pedal there. Just has 1 bobbin and the bobbin case.

I wish the table would have opened on both sides instead of one. But I can live with that.

Overall, I think it was a fair deal. Possibly could have gotten it $10 cheaper, but I am just glad that my 15-91 itch has been scratched and I’ll have a backup (once I rewire, clean up, grease and oil).

0d7409508ef4bb95a286ce6f73448d09.jpg

e0f5839728ca63519c196b901a0e75f2.jpg

How many times have you checked for #3? Ha ha

Now that you mention it, I saw a 15 clone (belt model) available for FREE, no table, just the unit in a case, or at least the bottom of the case. I am scheduled to pick it up after lunch today.

I figure parts, see how the belt driven model works, and a spare for my spare.

I might need an intervention from you [mention]jhunter13 [/mention] or [mention]bj139 [/mention] if I keep up with this!

Now that you mention it, I saw a 15 clone (belt model) available for FREE, no table, just the unit in a case, or at least the bottom of the case. I am scheduled to pick it up after lunch today.

I figure parts, see how the belt driven model works, and a spare for my spare.

I might need an intervention from you [mention]jhunter13 [/mention] or [mention]bj139 [/mention] if I keep up with this!
Im down in Lancaster for a soccer tournament....found two but they wouldnt budge on price. Its an addiction for sure.

I got two yesterday, a Nelco for free without cabinet, yea, and a White with cabinet with 2 dozen specialty stitches for $20. 1.3 amp motor on the White. A plastic piece on the Nelco broke when I was oiling and moving levers. The White seems to be doing good after taking off a panel and getting oil into the depths.

I got two yesterday, a Nelco for free without cabinet, yea, and a White with cabinet with 2 dozen specialty stitches for $20. 1.3 amp motor on the White. A plastic piece on the Nelco broke when I was oiling and moving levers. The White seems to be doing good after taking off a panel and getting oil into the depths.
Dare I ask how many that makes in your collection?

Back