• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Singer 15-91

Jimdude

I found a nice singer 15-91 for $100. It is not a belt drive. I’m looking to make a wraptor with it. What do you think? Thanks

Good choice if not buying an expensive industrial. $100 seems a little steep.

And our resident 15-91 expert, [mention]jhunter13 [/mention] should be along shortly to give you more info.

I have two Singer 15-91s. I consider it the best domestic machine for heavy sewing. I spent $20 on one and $30 for the other.
I have more than a few sewing videos on my Youtube channel.

I have two Singer 15-91s. I consider it the best domestic machine for heavy sewing. I spent $20 on one and $30 for the other.
I have more than a few sewing videos on my Youtube channel.
Waaaaaaay more than a few! lol. Thanks for chiming in. When I have more time, I’ll dig deeper into your channel.

I found a nice singer 15-91 for $100. It is not a belt drive. I’m looking to make a wraptor with it. What do you think? Thanks

I see your profile shows NJ. I am right across the border in Lehigh Valley. I have 2 15-91’s also. One for $40 and one for $50.

Deals come up regularly on FB marketplace and Craig’s List.

This looks like an earlier 15-91 for $25 in lyndhurst, NJ

Sewing machine in table. Antique

I see your profile shows NJ. I am right across the border in Lehigh Valley. I have 2 15-91’s also. One for $40 and one for $50.

Deals come up regularly on FB marketplace and Craig’s List.

This looks like an earlier 15-91 for $25 in lyndhurst, NJ

Sewing machine in table. Antique
Hey neighbor. I saw that one before. When I got to, “the light works but not sure about the machine”, that’s when I move on. I have one on the way. I paid $100 plus $40 shipping but it is in mint condition and in a travel case which I wanted as well. Should be here by Wednesday.

Hey neighbor. I saw that one before. When I got to, “the light works but not sure about the machine”, that’s when I move on. I have one on the way. I paid $100 plus $40 shipping but it is in mint condition and in a travel case which I wanted as well. Should be here by Wednesday.

Congrats! There is an owners manual and service manual online somewhere (pdf download).

Have fun with it!

Congrats! There is an owners manual and service manual online somewhere (pdf download).

Have fun with it!
@Jimdude the 15-91 is a great machine for what we do. Im across the border in the poconos. Let me know if you run into any issues.

I have come across 5 or 6 recenelty all under $50, but I am out of room and have that many I havent even touched yet.

Last edited:
Here is the typical ones I find. Its worth it just for parts alone.

@Jimdude the 15-91 is a great machine for what we do. Im across the border in the poconos. Let me know if you run into any issues.

I have come across 5 or 6 recenelty all under $50, but I am out of room and have that many I havent even touched yet.
Thanks I appreciate that. I don’t know the first thing about sewing. There is a sewing shop near me that has classes for $15. I’m going to go hang out with the old ladies one night and learn how to use it lol.

Back