• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Single Pin Sight

Colliw11

I'm thinking of switching to a single pin sight since my pins tend to blur on me past 40 yards and with low light. Any suggestions on a good mid range sight. I bowhunt whitetails in the northeast and most shots are within 40 yards so i don't need one that will allow me to shoot past 60.

Looking to stay under 200.00

Thanks

Wade

I have the HHA optimizer tetra. Solid sight that does all I want 3rd season without an issue. I also had the Truglo range rover wheel before this one. I had to change the fiber because the Truglo fiber was dim. I actually liked one thing about the Truglo better. I could see what yardage I was set at, at full draw without moving my head. As far as single pin vs multi I can't imagine going back to multi pin after shooting the single.

I've been running a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL double pin, and I have no complaints at all. It's like a regular single pin, but it has a second fiber ran below the top fiber. Nice to have if a deer decides to run out a few more yards before you can get a good shot off.

I also have an EZV coming that I'd like to try out some this year. I've heard a lot of good things about them!

@Colliw11 I’ve got a HHA Optimizer Lite I can part with if you’re interested. Shoot me a PM if you want any details.

I ran over my HHA a few years ago called HHA and explained I was an idiot they laughed at me and sent me a new one. Asked for the old one back for R&D Great company

I’d buy a used hha optimizer ultra. I’d sell you mine but it is going with one of the bows I just sold. Seems to be the best compromise for what you’re doing. I’ll take good used stuff over comparably priced new lesser quality stuff all day. Hop on AT or here in the classifieds and you should be able to get one cheap and in great shape

I'm thinking of switching to a single pin sight since my pins tend to blur on me past 40 yards and with low light. Any suggestions on a good mid range sight. I bowhunt whitetails in the northeast and most shots are within 40 yards so i don't need one that will allow me to shoot past 60.

Thanks

Wade
I shoot a CBE Tek Hybrid single pin. Easily adjustable. I usually don’t shoot past 40 anyway. But have shot much further in practice

I have got an Apex Covert single pin for this year and love it. Its built very well and the newer models you can move the pin and it changes color. You can also change pin diameters out as well. I bought mine used off E bay and when it arrived the windage adjustment was broken. I called prepared to pay for a new one and they sent me one for free. I think they run $130 new..

Thanks

Wade

The cheaper HHAs (still not cheap) are good. I shoot one. You can adjust it wherever you'd like and then lock it down.

If you don't want a moveable sight and just want to set one at 20 or 25 yards, you can pick a multi pin you like and then just remove the other pins. I did that before on a 50 buck sight, I doubt I'd do it to an expensive Spot Hogg multi pin.

I just bought an HHA tetra today. It was easy to sight in and the sight tapes are accurate so far

Back