• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sit Drag and RCH Directions.

Blacksmith

SH Member
Looking to DIY a sitdrag to use w/my RCH. Need to find videos of others who did the same. Do you use a separate tether for RCH and sit drag to be able to adjust them independently ?

Here's a vintage @g2outdoors video of his sit drag. I didn't add the pad and I used a webbing bridge with mine.

I used a single 11mm tether (Yale Bandit) with 2 prusiks. 1 connected to the sitdrag & 1 connected to the RCH. And the tail of my tether was connected to my RCH as well. I could easily adjust both independent of the other.

I use diy saddle and rch. At height I hook tether to bridge and tail to rch, or tether to bridge and lineman used as second tether to rch. Just depends on how high I am and gut feeling. I dont see the tether failing, but if the saddle or ropeman fail, Im still hooked to the rch.

I would run a ropeman on my tether hooked to the belay loop on my RCH and have a separate Prusik for the sit drag when I was at hunting height. Just loosen the ropeman enough that mostly all your weight is in the sit drag once its hooked up.

I use a DIY saddle, though I believe it to be safe I still use a rch but My tether has a ropeman which connects to bridge of course and then below that I have a prussic with a caribiner that connects to RCH

Back