• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sitdrag belt?

slonstdy

SH Member
Hey guys got a question about setting up a sitdrag...

Still waiting for my Mantis (ughh, curse you @g2outdoors!!:p) so I bought a sitdrag and a rch to saddle hunt before this season ends. I used a speedy stitcher to sew a linemans belt from 1" tubular webbing onto the rch and molle loops onto the sitdrag along with splicing a 30" amsteel bridge. The question now Is a belt needed on the sitdrag? Many guys here talk about having a belt and using it primarily for walking in while wearing it. I've tried it out on a platform at ground level and find it stays in place for the most part but does tend to ride up off my azz and onto my lower back/ribs if I twist in it like shooting at my 6 o'clock or bringing my bow over the bridge to shoot on the weak side. That doesn't really bother me at the moment but perhaps spending hours in a tree adjusting it may drive me nuts. I didn't experiment with tether heights and I was at a very upright, almost standing lean so I'm not sure if those conditions are what contributed to it sliding up. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything, because come Monday I am breaking my saddle hunting cherry!

Keeps it in place when standing on a platform while having a little bit of slack in the tether. I hunted the first year without a belt and then added one for the next season. I’ll never use one without it again.

Did a little over six hours in it yesterday without a hiccup. I stood a few times and it did need readjusting before putting my butt back into it which I didn't find a bother but only time will tell.

Back