• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Site suggestions

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Hey everyone. The site is new and will be constantly improving. Please add any and all suggestions here!!

Also, check the time/zone settings for the site. Posts are showing up an hour ahead of time.

(For example, I posted this at 10:05 PM and the post shows 11:05 PM)

"Aero" Joe

joaxe said:
You'll need to make any URLs (links) posted launch in their own browser window.

"Aero" Joe

I'll make this happen. It appears I have to install a MOD to do this. I'll post here when I have it completed.

joaxe said:
Also, check the time/zone settings for the site. Posts are showing up an hour ahead of time.

(For example, I posted this at 10:05 PM and the post shows 11:05 PM)

"Aero" Joe

I am looking into a way to make this change globally for the entire site, but if you go to your user control panel -> board preferences, the second choice from the bottom is "Summertime/DST is in effect:". This should be no right now.... but it changes again tomorrow. Let me know if that helps. From what I am reading it appears this is an issue on a lot of forums because not everyone uses DST.

joaxe said:

"Aero" Joe

Joe,

All external links should now open in a separate window.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Scott

Here is some ideas for different topics for the site
A DIY page
Sheds
Classifieds
Photo of setup page and videos
How to page
Links page for hunting/saddles
Weather page
I will think I more I am sure

Saddle Assassin said:
Here is some ideas for different topics for the site
A DIY page
Sheds
Classifieds
Photo of setup page and videos
How to page
Links page for hunting/saddles
Weather page
I will think I more I am sure

Some thoughts and to clarify, on a few I'm not sure if you are thinking for the main site page or the forum

A DIY page you're thinking another forum specifically for DIY?
Sheds again, a forum specifically for this?
Classifieds definitely a great idea
Photo of setup page and videos I was thinking this might be better to put together a sticky somewhere. I put up a videos page that I plan on linking to some of the best saddle hunting videos on youtube. Boswell has a bunch of great ones on there.
How to pageForum or main site page? For the time being I'm linked to John Eberhart's site with some great tips under the articles page on the main site.
Links page for hunting/saddlesone link to John's page. Will definitely be adding more.
Weather pagePlease elaborate on what you are thinking with this.

Scott,
A DIY is a do it your self page on how make home maid projects like home maid bow targets and lighted knocks type of things.
A shed page would be for showing off sheds each member finds, and can do contest for the members I have seen this in other forums
the same with buck kills, but our can be out of saddle only type
A page for weather or a widget on the site would be nice to get the weather conditions and maybe do the moon phases as well
I hope this clears some up

a taxidermy page would be nice people can display the mounts they got back and taxidermist can display there work as well
a link to a topo and arial photos would great to
and try to get some sponsors going let me know I can help with it

Ok, I added

Anything saddle related
DIY
Classifieds
Mapping

The sheds page can probably go under deer hunting for now.

We will definitely have a saddle hunting contest for next season. I will probably start registration up in July/August. Don't let me forget to do this!

The weather page is a good idea. I will keep this in mind for now. I may just end up linking to some great weather pages.

I would post anything for taxidermy under the deer hunting or other game forums for now as well. That reminds me that I want to post a photo of my 2012 buck that I just got back!

If any sponsors are interested and reach out to me I will be more than happy to discuss it with them.

Thanks for the great ideas Jeremy :D

Saddle Assassin said:
Sounds good, its moving along now, yes the saddle contest will be great.. please post up your deer you say you just got it back wow that's to long

I'm gonna post a pick over in the deer hunting section. It is ok, I don't mind the wait cause the guy I go to is one of the best in our state.

redsquirrel said:
joaxe said:

"Aero" Joe

Joe,

Scott

Not sure why this stopped working. I will investigate.

redsquirrel said:
redsquirrel said:
joaxe said:

"Aero" Joe

Joe,

Scott

Not sure why this stopped working. I will investigate.

This seems to be working fine again. If anyone has any trouble let me know.

Ok cool. Have you been using tapatalk on the phone? I have and it seems to be working pretty good.

Back