• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

sitka gear

MBH

is this stuff really worth the price? I know you get what you pay for on good quality products that last,

It would be better if you described your goals and the type of animals and climate you hunt in rather than tell you if certain camo brands would be 'worth it' to you.

There are lots of camo brands at various price points, from budget to luxury priced, and not knowing what your budget or goals as a hunter are it's hard to say if one brand is 'worth it' to you or not.

For cold weather gear nothing has changed my hunting like Sitka has. It took me about three years to buy and put together a full system but I am so glad I done it. I would tell anyone it is absolutely 100% worth the investment. Put some decent merino base layers under the fanatic series and it will blow your mind.

Mostly whitetail in Midwest.

Lots of whitetail hunters that like their sitka gear and think it's worth every penny. The Fanatic and Status sets seem pretty popular in the midwest. I would suggest buying some used pieces from the classifieds either here or on ArcheryTalk and see how you like them before spending full retail. A lot of hunters buy the brand new stuff every year and offload last years versions at a fraction of the price.

Worth every penny.

If it’s going to keep you more comfortable you will be out there for longer then IMO it’s definitely worth it.

You aren’t gonna see them if your home sitting on your couch!

I hunt in central Illinois and the fanatic series has been nothing short of amazing. I tend to get cold easily, but Sitka has changed that. Plan on getting the stratus set when funds are available. Can't go wrong imho.

Looking hard at the Sitka gear. Almost 40 and not as tough as I once was and plan to spend some money on comfort. Last year I froze my back side off trying to make do with what I've got. I'm a sentlok fan and looking at their BE:1 Fortress Parka in True Timber camo jacket and bib. If not that then it would be Sitka. On one stand in-particular last year I would have gave a testie for some warmer clothing! You do get what you paid for when it comes to clothing.

I think where Sitka shines is their r&d. You can stay warm with cheap clothes but you won’t be comfortable and won’t be able to move. Sitka engineers their garments to work with each other and layer together giving you less bulk. I live in northeast and use Stratus set 90% of time with good merino base layers and their shacket. I’m good down to the 30s with this any colder I’d go towards the fanatic.

it Is definitely worth the investment. Great clothes and super comfy. Now paying full price makes it harder to justify the cost though which nobody should do. Slowly build together pieces and buy only on sales and it won’t be that bad. Camofire has great sales weekly but sometimes the sizes aren’t the best.

Reactions: MBH
I was skeptical but bought it last year knowing I could sell it with minimal loss. I still have it. Well worth the $ IMO. Fanatic hoodie, vest, jacket, and bibs, stratus pants, and the early season pants (don’t remember the name).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've worn a Sitka Fanatic jacket and bibs for the last 4-5 years. It has been a good investment. I can unzip the legs of the bibs and pack in the jacket to avoid sweating. Requires little to no layering underneath. I just wear the heavier Sitka Traverse base layers for colder November sits in Michigan. Decent wind blocking.

Does anybody wear a Fanatic jacket while hunting from the saddle? I'm just wondering if the bottom of the jacket interferes with the bridge and tree strap since it hangs pretty low.

Is it worth the $
It depends on how you hunt imo. You can stay just as warm in other outerwear but you will sacrifice weight and bulk. (I used to look like a big marshmallow.)

So, if your not packing in a long ways and dont mind bulk...there might be more inexpensive options that get the job done.

I've hunted in -20 degree weather in the Incinerator bibs and jacket, and after six hours I could still draw my bow back and was toasty. So it is good stuff and for how I hunt...its worth it to me.

I do and it's not really a problem. It's a little bit tight getting my hands in the front pocket when using the back band, but it's not a huge deal.
I've worn a Sitka Fanatic jacket and bibs for the last 4-5 years. It has been a good investment. I can unzip the legs of the bibs and pack in the jacket to avoid sweating. Requires little to no layering underneath. I just wear the heavier Sitka Traverse base layers for colder November sits in Michigan. Decent wind blocking.

Does anybody wear a Fanatic jacket while hunting from the saddle? I'm just wondering if the bottom of the jacket interferes with the bridge and tree strap since it hangs pretty low.

Way overpriced for garments with zero technology. Extremely well constructed though.

What “technology” is in other garments.

Oh ya duh. Thanks. I forgot he likes the scent blocker.

I looked at all the high end brands...pulled the trigger on first lite gear cause it was on sale at the time. After combing through ALOT of information you cant go wrong as a midwest whitetail guy if you buy sitka or first lite. My advice would be to buy new instead of used unless you can physically see/smell the used gear. You never really know what condition it's in until you are holding it. At the way it holds its value, even used you arent getting a crazy good deal. Buy once cry once and you'll have it for years to come! I'm planning to get another round of gear over the next 2-3 years and I'll be set.

I looked at all the high end brands...pulled the trigger on first lite gear cause it was on sale at the time. After combing through ALOT of information you cant go wrong as a midwest whitetail guy if you buy sitka or first lite. My advice would be to buy new instead of used unless you can physically see/smell the used gear. You never really know what condition it's in until you are holding it. At the way it holds its value, even used you arent getting a crazy good deal. Buy once cry once and you'll have it for years to come! I'm planning to get another round of gear over the next 2-3 years and I'll be set.

That’s true I bought a jacket once. Stunk like cigarettes and pepperoni. I could not get the smell off it...:mad:

Back