• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

So you are somewhere between your first and 6th cup of coffee when???

Whereareallthedeer

I am sure everyone has their own tricks for dealing with getting the coffee out:disrelieved:, and as much as I would love to kick of the "bottle your brew" or "let it rain" argument, the serious question is, "Does your gear ever get in the way of your Gear"? I don't have any equipment yet, but looking at sit drag/ rch combo, and hunt public parks and rec land. (I don't recall anyone on YouTube mentioning an extra pull rope and a gallon jug for those all day sits:tearsofjoy:)

The bottle or let fly debate is already going on in a thread here somewhere. Can't speak for a rch but my evolution doesn't get in the way.

You should have no problem with gear getting in the way. After you do it the first time you figure it out.

I agree, a platform makes it easier. I think platforms are easier for everything when it comes to bridging the learning curve with saddle hunting. I'm happy I started with a platform. Well worth it. The ROS definitely has its place though and guys have been using them for as long as saddle hunting has been around.

I've yet to find a comment on here that says anything like...."I enjoy saddle hunting but I hate when nature calls and I'm 20 feet up." It truly isnt even a factor to worry about in my opinion.

Good luck! Get yourself some gear and change the way you hunt.

I find it hard to believe that in the last 50,000 years of deer being hunted by humans, they haven't picked up on our urine being associated with danger, especially if their noses are keen enough to tell when a doe is in heat.
I use a large Gatorade bottle (high capacity, large opening) with a paper towel balled up in the bottom to make the first stream quieter. I don't usually sit for longer than 8 hours, so I dump it after each tree. Holding your urine expends a lot of energy because your body has to thermoregulate all that water, so I drink less intentionally before a hunt.
Also, I don't waste that warmth on a cold day, hold the bottle in your hands until it's cooler before storing it. With a loose cap, it makes a mighty fine grenade for your hunting buddies walking under you.

Back