• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Soul doubt

Coathanger15

I realize this style of hunting has been gaining popularity but was surprised to see how many options of saddles, sticks, platforms and ROS's in the September issue of bowhunter. Great advertising for all producers of saddle prouducts and especially for a lot of the smaller guys out there producing quality products. Just wanted to hear what you all think about the push to mainstream? Also how this will affect lead times for saddle related gear.

Happy hunting

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200817-172531_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20200817-172531_Photo Editor.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20200817-172602_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200817-172602_Gallery.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20200817-172645_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20200817-172645_Photo Editor.jpg
    914.8 KB · Views: 80
I think the reality is that although saddle hunting is the best way to hunt in the universe, it is not for everyone, it will probably create a lot more buying options on craigslist and Facebook marketplace after this year, I just hope the market still stays hot enough to keep the inventive juices flowing so to speak. When I got into saddle hunting the only option was trophyline. After they stopped production, the only option was new tribe. I make all of my own saddles now that I hunt out of, but I still end up buying dang near every saddle that comes out as well. Maybe with the influx of manufacturers someone will come up with the zero gravity saddle. Thats what im holding out for

Honestly, I don't think it will make much difference long term. Sure, some new people will buy saddles, but the learning curve is pretty steep.

Given the very human proclivity for laziness, I don't expect most will stick with it. Not to mention many people just dismiss it out of hand.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Honestly, I don't think it will make much difference long term. Sure, some new people will buy saddles, but the learning curve is pretty steep.

Given the very human proclivity for laziness, I don't expect most will stick with it. Not to mention many people just dismiss it out of hand.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Add to it the decline of hunting in general. From my exposure so far. Saddle hunting is a bigger commitment than the average rut/gun hunter probably wants to spend. I don't think you just dust off your equipment few weeks before season. I suspect it will be a little bit of a flash in the pan.

Add to it the decline of hunting in general. From my exposure so far. Saddle hunting is a bigger commitment than the average rut/gun hunter probably wants to spend. I don't think you just dust off your equipment few weeks before season. I suspect it will be a little bit of a flash in the pan.

All the more reason to Saddle hunt. Extend the joy throughout the year. If we just dusted it off a couple weeks before season the threads would look more like this...

Q: What did you do today?

A: Finished up all my wife’s tasks, mowed the yard, detailed the cars, built a swing set for the kids, gave the dog a bath, and ran 3 miles...

Response: Dude it’s not even noon!

Bought a new bow this year. A newer saddle purchase is going to have to wait until 2021 .

I’m surprised with COVID there are any saddles or sticks to buy.

Bought a new bow this year. A newer saddle purchase is going to have to wait until 2021 .

I’m surprised with COVID there are any saddles or sticks to buy.
Buddy of mine is wanting to get into bow hunting, he just dropped 9 bills on one. I was at the archery shop with when he bought it as was his wife. I casually said hey now got you a bow you need to come to the northern Virginia saddle hunter meet up so we can get you in a saddle. His wife was like
73161DDB-C548-477C-B7D9-F5BF1EDB0518.jpeg

Despite the headlines many sectors of economy doing extremely well. Don’t let the media make up your mind for you.

Sent from d_mobile

I was thinking more along the lines that everyone would be getting into saddle hunting this year and the supplies would be limited.
Much like it’s hard to buy a bike, freezer, and Olympic bumper plates (this is the one that really gets to me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking more along the lines that everyone would be getting into saddle hunting this year and the supplies would be limited.
Much like it’s hard to buy a bike, freezer, and Olympic bumper plates (this is the one that really gets to me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah supply chain definitely got screwy for a bit there. Some sectors hit harder than others. Things are starting to stabilize though. Crossing fingers for no more big lockdowns.

Back