• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Southern Workshop

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
OK guys we have been talking about this for far too long. I am looking at Feb to put together a 2-3 day weekend in SE Ok on public land. I want to start planning this if there is enough interest. I will try to get a "big name" to do a 1-2 day in-field scouting seminar - but would also like to arrange some other seminars for early morning/late afternoon. Things like using kayaks, ground hunting set ups, planning and executing out of state hunts, how to take care of an animal in the field, scouting techniques, map reading, demonstrations of using various climbing methods, etc.....

To make this happen obviously there would need to be some cover charge and enough folks interested. Trying to get an accurate estimate of how many might be interested. we have talked about it long enough. The east guys make it happen every year but many of us our not going to drive that far - and to be truthful, our terrain is not always the same.

Sounds awesome, but I will be in Georgia in Feb. I cannot do two trips back to back.
FYI Saddleplooza should be around Feb 15-19

I saw southern, got excited & got my hopes up cuz can’t get any further south than down here in FL

Oklahoma is too Northern and western for me tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds awesome, but I will be in Georgia in Feb. I cannot do two trips back to back.
FYI Saddleplooza should be around Feb 15-19

Yeah I know - I just can't justify traveling so far to hunt things I trip over all year around here. Perhaps this will be the south western version of saddleplooza... guarantee you we have more piggies :) But Ok license to hunt them is a bit stiff

I'm interested, hope more interest shows.

Yep same here was hoping for more interest. I posted on the HB site also as there are a few OK/TX hunters there. if not, perhaps you, @Ikeman and I can just do a 2-3 scout session.

Yep same here was hoping for more interest. I posted on the HB site also as there are a few OK/TX hunters there. if not, perhaps you, @Ikeman and I can just do a 2-3 scout session.
Sounds like a plan, good hunting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Also, if we can’t get enough for a formal event...
Me, @DaveT1963, and @Scoutman could just do a group scouting of a property. Maybe do a group hunt in 2019 to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested, though also far from a sure thing when it comes to actually being able to attend

More than interested. I'm working in GA for the next few months, but will absolutely be there if I am home in time.

I just moved to Cincinnati from Boswell. My wife and I will be back to hunt the week before Christmas. You all could do a really cool workshop at McGhee

Back