• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Spartan Forge vs OnXhunt

Ive used Onx since day 1 and it was the best until I started using spartan forge.
Everyone likes different things and options but, for me Spartan Forge is a better app for what i like.
especially now that they have the desktop and are upgrading to uav maps and supposedly sharing all kinds info with hunting partners and even sharing live locations to friends ( "so I Hear") and a ton more features are yet to come. These are the guys who based a lot of things off of the gps collar studies using whitetails and then using that info to correlate when and where to hunt.
very interesting to me. does that work? I have no idea but its pretty cool to actually study real time locations on deer and how they move around avoiding pressure and throughout the rest of the year. Onx is great but to me it had its time and has definitely met its match.

Ive used Onx since day 1 and it was the best until I started using spartan forge.
Everyone likes different things and options but, for me Spartan Forge is a better app for what i like.
especially now that they have the desktop and are upgrading to uav maps and supposedly sharing all kinds info with hunting partners and even sharing live locations to friends ( "so I Hear") and a ton more features are yet to come. These are the guys who based a lot of things off of the gps collar studies using whitetails and then using that info to correlate when and where to hunt.
very interesting to me. does that work? I have no idea but its pretty cool to actually study real time locations on deer and how they move around avoiding pressure and throughout the rest of the year. Onx is great but to me it had its time and has definitely met its match.
If i switch from Onx to SF could i export all my points and what not to the new app? Or have to manually go in and add all that?

I used to use OnX but have also switched to Spartan Forge. I think they’re both good but if I were to pick 1, it would be SF.

One con I’ve noticed about SF is that the land owner info isn’t always accurate. But they’re constantly adding/updating the app, more so than any other that I know of. And the land ownership info does improve with each update I’ve noticed. The other functionality and features also improve of course. So I think it’s worth it.

Admittedly I do also use the HuntStand app with SF. There’s things I like about both so I run both

Thats coming in the near future yes. Not yet but coming. So I have been told
SF has a much smaller crew making that app what it is compared to the other big apps out there. They seem the most ambitious about making theirs the best. I’m still really interested to see where they end up with everything they’re doing.

I just stared a spartan forge free trial yesterday. There are things I like but as a long time OnX user I don’t see a huge difference in functionality. It has some cool features and the prediction part is interesting, but I didn’t immediately think I need to switch over permanently

Remember when everyone made fun of Tesla when they were the new kid in the auto industry? That’s Spartan Forge right now. The small group of developers are just that. A small group of hunters who still care. Their tech is better than the others and they are new, yes, but they are constantly outpacing what the other apps are doing. Onx is the fat cat that isn’t doing much because of how much they make. Aka Ford in Detroit laughing at Tesla. Now Ford is all of a sudden an EV competitor. I bet Spartan Forge gets bought out or sold to a larger company for their proprietary info they have. Again it’s new and has some tweaks to do but daily they are fixing them and coming up with new stuff. I’ve been beta testing since last year and have seen all the updates and hiccups etc.

Yes you can transfer points to SF.

Back