• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Speculative Theory/Wish - THP Public Challenge

Patriot

Zach from THP is probably my favorite hunter right now and the new THP podcast features one of the best NH Bowhunters the State has ever produced; Brett Joy, whom I share a first name with and also live in NH but unfortunately that is where all our similarities end . I digress...

I have some rampant speculation and rumor starting for you tonight so hear me out.... I consume every THP podcast like an addict and I have NEVER heard Zach pulling up maps during a podcast from the guest’s State but Zach did that with Brett Joy. And maybe I’m wishful thinking and reading way too into the podcast but Zach seemed to be PREPARING for a NH hunt and he even said he wants to try it soon.

So you heard it here first from Patriot, THPs Public Land Challenge is coming to NH in 2020. Zach was studying maps and getting advice from one of the best with a stick and a string in our state. And it is BRUTALLY hard to harvest A DEER let alone a mature deer in this State and Zach loves a challenge and so there you have it. It’s NH this year. Mark it down.

I can’t wait to hunt THP as they hunt NH this year!!!

That would be a very interesting area to hunt, I've always been curious about the northeast and deer hunting. Always wanted to try maine, but I'm hoping this is the year the PLC comes south! Let's see um deal with snakes, skeeters, chiggers and if they go to the right areas alligators.

That would be a very interesting area to hunt, I've always been curious about the northeast and deer hunting. Always wanted to try maine, but I'm hoping this is the year the PLC comes south! Let's see um deal with snakes, skeeters, chiggers and if they go to the right areas alligators.
I think it would be cool to see them down here also but probably make for bad episodes....its so thick I bet it's hard to get good usable footage that would make for an interesting show....but if anybody can do it I'm sure they figure it out...I like watching them and they very entertaining but I cant relate to any of the terrain I seen them in except those couple down south pig hunt were they got skunked

Last edited:
I think they came to alabama and shot a goose egg

It’s definitely hard to hunt NH you might see deer when scouting pre season but you might not even see one during the season. It’s one of the harder states in the northeast to hunt that’s for sure!!!

Listen to the podcast Art, it was as if Zach had his maps ups the entire time and was taking notes and scoping spots. If THP Public Land Challenge comes to NH me and you are loading up the trucks and the yaks and we don’t come home until we hang and bang with THP!

If Infalt and Joe frickin Rentmeester visit the Granite State you best believe their camp is getting a visit from me! Hahaha.

I really hope your right man!!! I’ve hoped for that for a while! Also slightly afraid they will make me question my own skill since I live here and can’t connect on a mature buck...

Zach from THP is probably my favorite hunter right now and the new THP podcast features one of the best NH Bowhunters the State has ever produced; Brett Joy, whom I share a first name with and also live in NH but unfortunately that is where all our similarities end . I digress...

I have some rampant speculation and rumor starting for you tonight so hear me out.... I consume every THP podcast like an addict and I have NEVER heard Zach pulling up maps during a podcast from the guest’s State but Zach did that with Brett Joy. And maybe I’m wishful thinking and reading way too into the podcast but Zach seemed to be PREPARING for a NH hunt and he even said he wants to try it soon.

So you heard it here first from Patriot, THPs Public Land Challenge is coming to NH in 2020. Zach was studying maps and getting advice from one of the best with a stick and a string in our state. And it is BRUTALLY hard to harvest A DEER let alone a mature deer in this State and Zach loves a challenge and so there you have it. It’s NH this year. Mark it down.

I can’t wait to hunt THP as they hunt NH this year!!!

There was a video on Facebook about 3 weeks ago they said it would be Pennsylvania or Indiana for the public land challenge. Nothing in stone though yet. Wouldn't surprise me if Zach would hunt NH at some point though as he tends to go to some different states. I know he hunted NY last year.

There was a video on Facebook about 3 weeks ago they said it would be Pennsylvania or Indiana for the public land challenge. Nothing in stone though yet. Wouldn't surprise me if Zach would hunt NH at some point though as he tends to go to some different states. I know he hunted NY last year.

my God you have just destroyed what was an intense and natural jubilation however irrational. I was certain I had cracked the code and all these great hunters were coming to whiff in NH so I could feel good about my meager success.

PA is a pretty big state. We have the Appalachia’s, the burbs and the scant beginnings of the Midwest. Yes, there is much competition, but there is opportunity too. It just takes physical prowess and the drive. We have a lot of publicly available land.

If they come out anywhere in Eastern PA, I’d try to come out to meet them and possibly share a cooler of victuals and drinks.

Would be great to see them.

NH, that’s a tough nut to crack. I’d take PA over NH any time (except If I was in a Fitbit # steps competition).

my God you have just destroyed what was an intense and natural jubilation however irrational. I was certain I had cracked the code and all these great hunters were coming to whiff in NH so I could feel good about my meager success.
Yeh I was going to say this too. They already announced it lol

2 years and counting and that was on good bama land.
I can't get into them. I'm sure they're cool guys. But I watched their whole first season and it was like watching any other hunting show, minus the guitar riffs and product placement. I didn't learn anything other than that I'd like to hunt the midwest. Maybe I'm narrow minded.

I can't get into them. I'm sure they're cool guys. But I watched their whole first season and it was like watching any other hunting show, minus the guitar riffs and product placement. I didn't learn anything other than that I'd like to hunt the midwest. Maybe I'm narrow minded.
Their turkey tour was more informative for me. They came to bama and tore our birds up. I did learn some tips from them and got it done. I agree. Their deer hunting just doesn't jive with what we have in Alabama. Their own videos in Alabama prove it.

Their turkey tour was more informative for me. They came to bama and tore our birds up. I did learn some tips from them and got it done. I agree. Their deer hunting just doesn't jive with what we have in Alabama. Their own videos in Alabama prove it.
Alabama is a turkey destination. Will Primos, Bill Jordan, Mike Waddell, Eddie Salters, and many others have owned land and filmed hunts here. We have excellent turkeys. Literally world class in some counties. I've seen multiple gobblers strutting like you see on films here many times, but I've never seen multiple bucks fighting in a field like you do on the same shows. There's a reason you had more success during turkey season than you did during deer season, and it probably ain't because of THP. You live in better turkey land than deer land.

You and I could go to Arkansas and murder ducks, and go to Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc and murder deer. Wouldnt make us good hunters. I have a good friend who was an "avid" hunter in Wisconsin and has shown me pics of several nice bucks, all bigger than anything I've killed. He gave up deer hunting after 3 seasons down here. He hunts once a year in Wisconsin with his family, and kills deer there.

Alabama is a turkey destination. Will Primos, Bill Jordan, Mike Waddell, Eddie Salters, and many others have owned land and filmed hunts here. We have excellent turkeys. Literally world class in some counties. I've seen multiple gobblers strutting like you see on films here many times, but I've never seen multiple bucks fighting in a field like you do on the same shows. There's a reason you had more success during turkey season than you did during deer season, and it probably ain't because of THP. You live in better turkey land than deer land.

You and I could go to Arkansas and murder ducks, and go to Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc and murder deer. Wouldnt make us good hunters. I have a good friend who was an "avid" hunter in Wisconsin and has shown me pics of several nice bucks, all bigger than anything I've killed. He gave up deer hunting after 3 seasons down here. He hunts once a year in Wisconsin with his family, and kills deer there.
WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH don't get carried away. I hunted some of the hardest land for turkey in Alabama and made it happen. I worked my ass off for that turkey and you aint taking it away from me! Yea I might of had him slip up but thats besides the point.

I get what you're saying but leave my turkey out of it!

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH don't get carried away. I hunted some of the hardest land for turkey in Alabama and made it happen. I worked my ass off for that turkey and you aint taking it away from me! Yea I might of had him slip up but thats besides the point.

I get what you're saying but leave my turkey out of it!
Lol, I didn't mean it that way. And I'm really not trying to hate on THP.

I just think there's more of a difference between the best and worst deer (or turkey) habitat than there is between the best and worst deer (or turkey) hunter.

I'd love to see THP continue to spend some time in the tougher states.

Wow I couldn’t disagree more. They have super educational stuff and they get right down to the point and pack a lot of info down into manageable segments. Some stuff is more creative or aimed to be lighthearted.

they have a 5 part series called Mapping Whitetails that is probably the best education content I’ve seen on YouTube. Everyone has their tastes but I would encourage anyone to consume that before you write them off.

The Public Land Challenge content is incredible and really entertaining.

Zach has two or three successful spot and stalks you on their too that are amazing.

I love them but that’s just me. And I haven’t seen any commercial agenda enter into their content except a mention in the beginning but everyone does that.

Back