• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Spot Hogg

vabwhntr

Looking to go from a single pin to a 3 or 5 pin sight. Ive been impressed with the Spot Hogg sights. Looking at maybe the Hunter or Grinder from them. Anyone have either of these or a preferance?

I actually just picked up a fast eddie double pin. It's well constructed. I've had HHAs and a rocky mountain 5 pin. Honestly the rocky mountain is tough to beat for the money. Especially if you want a fixed pin non-ranger. HHAs are a high level of craftsmanship. I picked up a fast eddie purely because I wanted their double pin, which no one else has. I've heard their MRT and Grinder sights are just bomb proof though. Pins dont seem much different than my rocky as far as brightness, but they are definitely more stout. HHA had the brightest, best pin I've ever used to this day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Spot Hogg makes great sights. I don’t have either of those models but I prefer the one pin sights. Much easier to see the target and can quickly adjust yardages

Like rjwansedel21 I have the Fast Eddie Double Pin. Its my first Spot Hogg sight and I love it. I came from HHA sights. I loved HHA but I feel Spot Hogg is bomb proof. You can feel the build difference just holding it. The only thing I don't like is the double pin part. I should have gotten a single pin. I never use the second.

Like rjwansedel21 I have the Fast Eddie Double Pin. Its my first Spot Hogg sight and I love it. I came from HHA sights. I loved HHA but I feel Spot Hogg is bomb proof. You can feel the build difference just holding it. The only thing I don't like is the double pin part. I should have gotten a single pin. I never use the second.

Want to trade for my single pin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love a single pin and there is nothing wrong with my HHA single pin. Its awesome. However going on a elk hunt next year and I dont want to have to worry about dialing the distance. I just wanna draw and shoot. Hopefully all 5 pins will cover his vitals!!

I have a three pin Spott Hogg Grinder on my bow right now. Solid sight. Great hunting setup for me. I also own and use a Black Gold Ascent Verdict (mostly off season) love the sight as well but personally don't like the idea of a sliding sight while I am hunting from a tree. Just one less thing to worry about with fixed pins. I'll never have a 40+ yard shot from the woods I hunt. If I go somewhere different I will just set up the Black Gold and maybe that will build some confidence in that setup for me

Back