• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

SpyPoint Cell link- Turn any camera into a cellular camera??

stevethebreeze

This is a great idea. Never heard anything great or terrible about Spypoint but I really like this idea. $59.99 plus whatever plan.

Thoughts?

Considering giving it a try. I have 2 other spypoint micros and the biggest advantage I see is their plan that offers 100 free photos transmitted a month. That's a great deal for out-of-season scouting when deer aren't running around everywhere triggering a camera 100x a day.

Considering giving it a try. I have 2 other spypoint micros and the biggest advantage I see is their plan that offers 100 free photos transmitted a month. That's a great deal for out-of-season scouting when deer aren't running around everywhere triggering a camera 100x a day.
Agreed!

My buddy’s had good luck with the sky points cell cameras last year. I bought one camera and one of the link ones to my moultrie camera. No problem setting it up. Got it the backyard to give a trial run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy’s had good luck with the sky points cell cameras last year. I bought one camera and one of the link ones to my moultrie camera. No problem setting it up. Got it the backyard to give a trial run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for sharing. Can see where putting one near a bedding area with solar charger would keep you from having to go in checking cards as much. Big advantage.

I support anyone who uses cell cams 100% but for me personally I’m not sure I’m comfortable with it. Again I 100% support everyone that wants to use them but there’s something about that level of surveillance and the automation of the notification that doesn’t feel right to me. I bow hunt exclusively because it is really really hard. Throwing up a bunch of cell cameras.... just not for me.

anyone else feel that way or am I just weird?

Your weird...just kidding @Patriot

I dont have but 3 cameras and they usually are just to see what is on my property or what survived through winter. I dont really use them all over my property. But I also like to know if the coyote population is growing, dogs are running off the deer, people trespassing, etc. Lots of uses for cameras besides just snapping pics of deer.
But I dont use them for a crutch. Deer come and go, but you generally have a core set of deer that make your property their home.

Your weird...just kidding @Patriot

I dont have but 3 cameras and they usually are just to see what is on my property or what survived through winter. I dont really use them all over my property. But I also like to know if the coyote population is growing, dogs are running off the deer, people trespassing, etc. Lots of uses for cameras besides just snapping pics of deer.
But I dont use them for a crutch. Deer come and go, but you generally have a core set of deer that make your property their home.

Is there a time delay? I think I heard they have a built in time delay of a couple days to preserve “fair chase”.

I personally have never used cellular cameras but I think there is a delay. My neighbot gets his pics at night. I can see how this could be taken advantage of if you got pics right away the instant it takes a picture. I agree with your previous post regarding this. Its an unfair advantage and if that was the case, would be totally against it. Takes the sport of hunting away in my opinion.

They don’t have a time delay if you don’t want them too. They can go off instantly or you can set them to go off certain times of the day

I have the cell link out right now. It works great with my browning camera! I like to put them in far away places not with a bunch of traffic to keep it below 100 pics

The delay (or lack thereof) comes with a price - battery life. More transmissions means more battery. I had good luck having mine transmit twice daily, after the peak movement times, at 11am/11pm. It was fun to get the 11am notification at work, unless one of my target bucks was on it then I'd be pissed I was working and not in the woods

Back