• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Spypoint Junk

Deltahuntr

I purchased 5 Spypoint Link Micro LTE cameras Friday at lunch. They were all slow to work Friday night, so I left them turned on to link/download or whatever they needed. The cameras were barely working Saturday so I called Spypoint and found out none of the cameras had the correct operating program. There went another whole day waiting for them to download the new program. Three of the five will now take pics about every seventh pass in front of them. Two have never taken a photo. Hours on phone and computer, majority of weekend lost! What cell cameras work? Where do I buy them? We only have AT&T coverage at the camp so that limits options.

I've purchased 6 of those cameras. All 6 have functioned great. Only complaint i have is crappy cel coverage in the places i want to put them.

I read the reviews, and assumed that I'd probably get some bad apples. My line of thinking was that if 1/3 i bought worked well, i was even money. If 2/3 worked i was money ahead. This is considering the costs of some of the better reviewed cams.

I'm sure that I'm just lucky, and the next few I buy will be duds.

Couple things to keep in mind. Only use 2-32g cards. Format them in fat32. Make sure the cards have at least a 10mb speed. I did have trouble with one or two of them getting them started. I found that fresh format, and activating the camera in an area with good cel signal helped.

No rec's on other cams though, these are the only cel ones i've used.

I've purchased 6 of those cameras. All 6 have functioned great. Only complaint i have is crappy cel coverage in the places i want to put them.

I read the reviews, and assumed that I'd probably get some bad apples. My line of thinking was that if 1/3 i bought worked well, i was even money. If 2/3 worked i was money ahead. This is considering the costs of some of the better reviewed cams.

I'm sure that I'm just lucky, and the next few I buy will be duds.

Couple things to keep in mind. Only use 2-32g cards. Format them in fat32. Make sure the cards have at least a 10mb speed. I did have trouble with one or two of them getting them started. I found that fresh format, and activating the camera in an area with good cel signal helped.

No rec's on other cams though, these are the only cel ones i've used.
I have 32g micro cards in the cameras. The others I hunt with switched to these cameras last year and have had no problems at all. These are newer models. When did you purchase your cameras?

havent had issues with the one i bought last week other than user not putting camera in good spots

I don't have the LTE version but I have two of the older model. Both work well other than as other people mentioned the cell coverage where I want to put the camera isn't high.

Both have 25% reception right now and seem to be working well.

I have 4 and must have gotten really lucky too. I see the bad reviews and I scratch my head. Sorry for your issues. I hope it gets better and you have similar results to mine.

The Tactacam Reveal gets great reviews but is sold out until next year. Does anyone have experience with another cell camera that they would recommend? All my non cell cameras are Moultrie and have performed flawlessly. I don’t know anyone with their cell versions. What about Browning cell cameras? I’m satisfied with everything Browning I own. These cameras will be used on private land, so theft is not a big issue. My concern is reliability! I’d rather not venture into the $400+ cameras and don’t want to have link system like Cuddeback. Any first hand experience would be appreciated.

I’m pretty pissed about my experience. First camera stopped working and I was told I needed to go retrieve it to update the firmware. The camera stopped working and only showed a red light. The replacement camera arrived not working, same solid red light. This whole thing has been going on close to 2 months.
Every time you try to contact spypoint customer service, it’s a long wait to even talk to somebody, and it doesn’t seem like these people know their product very well, or even company policy. The real frustration is that it’s like starting from scratch with each agent. At the end of every conversationI asked the person if they were making notes on this case number. The next time I call back I have to explain everything that I’ve experienced so far. The most recent person I talked to couldn’t find any notes from the previous person.

All I wanted from them was a guarantee that the replacement camera will be confirmed to be operating and have the newest firmware already installed. The second to last person I spoke to said it would. The most recent person couldn’t find the notes from the previous person, and wouldn’t give me a solid yes.

Back