• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Spypoint Link Micro Verizon

BCHunter

Vendor Rep
So I'm only a month into it, and this is the only cellular trail cam I've ever owned. I bought it with a 20% off coupon so it was only $127, but you can find them on ebay every day for $138. It's sent me 128 pics in the past month. The pictures aren't amazing, but definitely good enough to see antler size. I have some lithium batteries in it, and it's still at 85% after a few weeks of use. You can set it up to send pictures once or twice a day to save on battery, but for now it's fun to get a random picture. I've got a solar battery pack on the way so I can set it up on a multi year scrape line in June and let it soak through the hunting season.

Attachments

• Spypoint.PNG
    Spypoint.PNG
    31.9 KB · Views: 172
  • trailcam 2.PNG
    trailcam 2.PNG
    575.3 KB · Views: 172
I just bought 2. Gonna try to get them up this weekend. I love getting deer pics on my phone. My wife hates it when I'm talking to her and she hears my phone buzz and knows its a deer pic and she instantly loses my attention! :)

I personally don't use cell cameras, but the 3 Spypoint Force 11s work well enough and I just ordered two to the new 2019 Spypoint Dark Force as they have incredible battery life and detection - these are going into some funnels this fall and I am leaving them until i hunt the falling Fall.

I personally don't use cell cameras, but the 3 Spypoint Force 11s work well enough and I just ordered two to the new 2019 Spypoint Dark Force as they have incredible battery life and detection - these are going into some funnels this fall and I am leaving them until i hunt the falling Fall.

Nice, this is my first cell camera and first from spypoint. If you haven't signed up already, you should get on guidefitter. They have awesome military discounts from a few different trail cam manufacturers.

The only thing I do not like is the battery box/door. To me, there is potential for leaking although I haven't had that happen yet. The picture and video quality is not the very best but works. What i do like is they have outstanding detection range and capability. With every other make, even my highly favored Brownings, you miss pictures. A lot. When i test any other camera against a spypoint - I will average 2Xs as many detection at anything over 15 foot with the Spypoints. But when it comes to overall - I still love Browning the best although their camouflage is hideous and fades to a glowing blue color over time.

I never heard of that I will have to check them out - thanks

Hooked up an HME solar battery box and hot glued strips of camo fabric to it all. Hopefully I can find it back when I want to move it :)
d7a3d2e5c0b677168cf21afc3c3a427f.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

This is really cool. I am saving up to get one of the SP Micro cams. I have had my eye on them for a while. Awesome camo job.

I almost stopped using trail cams want to get a cellular camera because of up to the minute information especially when the rut is on except the problem around here is bears they maul the cameras within a week expensive proposition

I had a pro shop owner tell me SkyPoint has fixed a lot of the bugs previously associated with their cameras with the Link Micro cameras.

At $150 for a cell cam, seems like a fairly painless gamble. At that price, they could not only take over the cell market but the game camera market in general if they hold up to what's being promised.

I haven't followed up either, but he told me they were planning a warranty to allow for exchanges in the pro shop vs mailing them in and waiting on a new camera. Retailers were to be able to make the exchange. Not sure if that held up or not but that was the plan according to him.

Last edited:
So I'm only a month into it, and this is the only cellular trail cam I've ever owned. I bought it with a 20% off coupon so it was only $127, but you can find them on ebay every day for $138. It's sent me 128 pics in the past month. The pictures aren't amazing, but definitely good enough to see antler size. I have some lithium batteries in it, and it's still at 85% after a few weeks of use. You can set it up to send pictures once or twice a day to save on battery, but for now it's fun to get a random picture. I've got a solar battery pack on the way so I can set it up on a multi year scrape line in June and let it soak through the hunting season.

What plan did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None right now. I plan to just do the 1000 photos per month once it gets close to the season and drop back down after.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Glad to see this review. I have one of these cameras right now and haven’t put it out yet, but after reading this and talking to a buddy that has six of them, I am going to grab a couple more of them.

Does it have a remote app? Or do you have to physically be at the camera to change settings, pic size, video, etc?

I have six and will get a few more.
They have a remote app for changing settings. They dont have video like the evo did.

I have six and will get a few more.
They have a remote app for changing settings. They dont have video like the evo did.

Can you provide a ballpark price on monthly cell service charges running 6 cams?

alright, so now mine has stopped working after a month. I turned it off, plugged in a 12v battery pack, and moved it to a new location. It hasn't transmitted a picture since. I've done the software upgrade and still didn't help. I'm currently waiting on customer service to look at the config files of the camera to see what's wrong.

Can you provide a ballpark price on monthly cell service charges running 6 cams?

BTW-I am the worst camera user ever.
I have paid zero so far.
I ran 2 Evo's last year.
I have not gone past the 100 free per month on most of the cameras. The ones I do I just wait for the new month.( I do get a lot of non- animal pics.)
Here's what I missed on Halloween:

Back