• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Spypoint sucks

eddiegomes83

SH Member
So as the title states.... this is how i feel. To start off, the first spypoint i tried was a spypoint tiny d. It started off great. I loved for the first half of season...i jumped the gun and recomemded to my cousin and friend and which between the 2 of them they bought 4 of them. Later on my cousins 3 started acting up and he couldn't ever get to work properly....he is not the type to send back and just chalked it up as he isnt buying their stuff anymore. I felt horrible because recommended them and mine still worked fine.

The start of the next season i took my camera and tried to turn on and it would not. Contacted spypoint and got a hold of a guy named Kevin and he was very helpful. He had me send the camera in and couldnt fix so sent me a new upgraded one with built in viewer. I used it for half a year amd it stopped powering up. I noticed that the battery try so how became warped and not making contact with the batteries. I could take pieces of foil to fill the gap and make contact and it would work. I contacted spypoint with the issue but Kevin was no longer employed there so i gave them the background. They told me i could buy a replacement battery tray for 25 bucks plus shipping...i told them no way and it was a defect on their end and they should cover and they refused. At that point I decided i was no longer doing business with them.

Well a season or so passed and i seen a good deal on a spypoint link evo verizon...i was very intrigued but very reluctant based on the last 2 spypoints i had and my cousins 3 that didnt work. But infigured for the price i would try it. When you buy it you get 30 days free of unlimited pics sent to you. The thing worked amazing. I fell in love with it. My 30 days was up and decided to purchase the 1 year subscription to unlimited photos. It also comes with instant support....supposedly.
Righy befor the end of last season the camera started having fits..sending pictures all the time even if I set it to send only once a day it would take a pic every 30 min and send. It was 2 hrs away so had to wait until the weekend to go get. In the mean time i contacted spypoint and they said it was a simple software upgrade. The next weekend i brought home and performed the update. Seemed to be working so took it back out..worked great the first 3 days and started acting up again. I contacted spypoint and told them thw issue....this time it took them 3 weeks to respond. Told me i needed to perform the same update. I Responded and told them i did that already and they said sorry but do it again.

By the time i made it out there again the season was over. I brought home took the batteries out and put in safe. I took it out the other day and performed the update and it is not showing the most recent update. I reach out to spypoint and no luck on a response. I checked the camera i the yard for a couple days and seemed to work fine but in the app it still says the old version is loaded on it. I tried installing the update again and seemed successful but still said says old rev.

Since it was working i tool to the woods. Worked well in the first spot i placed it....1 week. I the. Took it to another spot and hung it. It sent me couple pics of nothing in the first couple hrs and then said I didn't have an sd card in. It started to tell me this towards the end of last year but it had one in it and would start working fine. Well not the case this time. I went and retrieved the camera and it will no longer power on. I have been trying to contact spypoint for 2 weeks now and no success...they responded once and tried to say i am contacting outside the hours which i am not. I know their hours and have tried multiple times to no avail...

My last message to them was i was going to make sure everybody knows about this that i can so here i am. They still have not responded....mean while i have about 4months left on my subscription that is worthless.

Funny i sent them a live message letting them know i was screenshotting their non responses and posting to different forums about their customer service. Now they locked me out of the live support.

Back